My Adventures in 3D Printing

Bengrim09

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
19C83E4B-7EC8-4CE2-961E-7667D506C37E.png
Coming along nicely
 

masterjedi322

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Some Boba knee cylinders for my friend’s Boba Fresh build. Printed on the AnyCubic Photon Mono X in SirayaTech Tenacious to give them some flex since they’ll take a lot of abuse.

Sean

461804DE-35C8-489F-ADB2-C3E67CBFF37B.jpeg
 

masterjedi322

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just tenacious?
How much flex does it have
I use tenacious with a mix of another resin
But never tried it on its own
It depends on the piece…

The knee cylinders are pretty solid so they don’t flex much.

I also printed some darts for Boba’s gauntlets. Those are much thinner and have a lot of flex to them. Will post a video later.

Sean
 

masterjedi322

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Helping a friend print his BoBF Boba Fett armor. He was struggling with finishing a multi-part resin back plate, so I threw it on the AnyCubic Kobra Max and printed it in one piece using PETG.

This was my first PETG print on that printer, so it took a bit of tweaking to get it working. I used Cura's "super quality" profile adjusted for PETG. In total, the print took just over 199 hours - my longest print to date! Overall, really happy with how it came out. Most of the stringing and goobers you see rub right off. While filament is typically more challenging to sand than resin, I don't think this will be too bad given the large surfaces.

Sean

IMG_0483.jpeg
 

masterjedi322

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
For the Mando and Boba Fett armor I’ve been printing, I’ve been using a mix of Phrozen’s ABS-like resin with a bit of Siraya Tech Tenacious.

Unfortunately, the Phrozen resin has been out of stock on Amazon for a few awhile now, and purchasing it direct from Phrozen costs a lot for shipping and takes a few weeks to arrive.

So I opted to replace it with Siraya Tech’s Fast resin (still mixing some Tenacious in). First print was my Mando knee plate, which came out pretty good!

Printed on the Phrozen Sonic Mega 8K.

Sean

47214163-905B-47EA-BCBB-F3A13A7EF9E4.jpeg
 

masterjedi322

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
More Boba parts…

ABDF8F15-0C8E-4CB6-9639-7215AA7336F9.jpeg



Meanwhile, the FEP on my AnyCubic Photon Mono X tore a hole, leaking resin all over the LCD screen. I tried to clean it off, but I don’t think it’s salvageable.

Note that I had a screen protector on the Mono X for awhile, but it seemed to be interfering with the print quality, so I took it off. Lesson learned…

I have a replacement LCD on order and will strive to get the screen protector installed such that it doesn’t interfere with the prints.

Sean
 

masterjedi322

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
You can see a slight layer shift on the thigh print I posted previously. Not a huge deal and easily sanded.

But I wasn’t quite as lucky on the other thigh which actually tore.

I’m guessing it might be time to lubricate the z-axis, so I’ll give that a shot and try again.

Sean

DF358A8D-B936-442A-A752-9C2974BDEE72.jpeg
 

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

  1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
Top