My 4 Year Old as She-Ra

Primrodo

Sr Member
This past weekend was a local convention in Toronto called Polaris. We always go bundled with costumes and my daughter wanted to jump in this year as She-Ra, she had been watching it since Christmas thanks to a present from a friend of mine...and LOVED it. How could I resist making her a costume that she asked for, nevermind one from my childhood.

She decided as well to enter the Masquerade and took the prize for "Cutest Warrior Princess." But the highlight was her shuffling to centre stage, and the overwhelming "Awww"'s and the cheering for her...which she totally milked and loved every single second.

Costume details were fun to put together, and we did it kind of on the cheap, since she is 4, but I am happy with the results.

The tiara/helmet was converted from a Thor Helmet/Mask by removing the top and then painting it gold, and adding the gem stone (craft foam with sparkles) in the center.

The choker, breastplate, and bracers were fun foam, painted and glued together, with the breast plate velcroed to the white tank top she wore and attached at the back.

The cape was from her Super Girl costume.

The sword was carved...rather hastily...from a foam floor mat. I wanted her to have foam rather than anything rigid...because, well...shes 4! I then painted it silver and added the sparkly blue gems. Its not my BEST work, but for a quick job it came out pretty nice and she liked it.

The boots were a thrift find and I removed a few straps and then painted gold.

Hope you all enjoy as much as she did!

7542300562_9b536e4671_o.jpg

7542299686_867603706f_o.jpg

7542299206_64629df212_o.jpg

7542298914_ddd998d7a0_o.jpg

7542334556_4400f30d04_o.jpg

7542334820_67e0fd9529_o.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back