My 10-year-old son just said Doc Savage is better than Batman. Do you agree?

Well clearly the version with Dwayne Johnson isn't happening.

John Cena has the build, not sure if he can credibility pull off "expert in everything" though.
I think John Cena has just enough acting ability to pull this off. I mean, considering the source material, nobody is going to consider the part seriously. It’s just going to be good, clean, all American fun.

I think John Cena has just enough acting ability to pull this off. I mean, considering the source material, nobody is going to consider the part seriously. It’s just going to be good, clean, all American fun.
I don't know if this could be as campy as the first version. I'm thinking more "Rocketeer" than...'60s Batman;)

I’m super impressed that your son knows who Doc Savage is. My nine year old son wouldn’t have a clue. He also wouldn’t know Buckaroo Banzai - which makes me feel like a failure as a parent since my wife and I are both huge Buckaroo fans. Good parenting, Mr. Funky!

Oh, and while we’re talking about matchups, we might as well do Robin Hood vs Zorro.

I’m super impressed that your son knows who Doc Savage is. My nine year old son wouldn’t have a clue. He also wouldn’t know Buckaroo Banzai - which makes me feel like a failure as a parent since my wife and I are both huge Buckaroo fans. Good parenting, Mr. Funky!

Oh, and while we’re talking about matchups, we might as well do Robin Hood vs Zorro.
I wish I could take all the credit but I think it’s his natural curiosity for vintage cinema. Don’t even get me started with his obsession of Humphrey Bogart, specifically the Maltese Falcon! And Sherlock Holmes? Whoo boy!

There was going to be a 1960s Doc movie with Chuck Connors . Here's my 60s cast .. Monk , Neville Brand . Ham , Tony Randall . Renny . Fred MacMurray . Long Tom , James Franciscus . and Johnny , James Coburn . Connors naturally would play Doc and Jocelyn Lane as Pay Savage .

I think that Stephen Lang should play Doc:cool:(y)
1656599482826.png

Why does every Batman vs. X discussion boil down to the premise that "Batman beat anybody because best tactician"?

How about Bugs Bunny beats Batman because supreme dumb luck always beats the most flawless of tactics?

Last edited:
How about Bugs Bunny beats Batman because supreme dumb luck always beats the most flawless of tactics?

Bugs Bunny would demolish Batman in a showdown.

Want proof?

Simple: Those two would never appear together in a Batman show. It would only ever happen in a situation that favored Bugs.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back