My 10' WarHammer from Mechwarrior

Holy hell this is sweet. Can't wait to see more progress.

My only nitpick is the left side missile launcher isn't actually a missile launcher, it's a spotlight.

I'll be following this with great interest.

Yes I know the LF shoulder should be a floodlight. But with today's tech, I can install 200 lum flashlights in a tiny space. Seamed a shame to waste all that space....MORE WEAPONS !!!
Plus, I am planning on installing some Lighttape as well. So the end result will light up like a STAR :)

Hey Tom, first bumblebee an now this???!!! You are th' maestro of mega sized mecha brah!!!! i used ta play th' game an collect th' models an build them back in th' day. Love ya YouTube vids keep up th' good work brah. :eek:cool:D:thumbsup

Hi guys, sorry for the slow updates, I have been working on a Mech pilot costume as well, something for me to wear when I'm not 10' tall. You can also see my first test fitting of the suit. Biceps are too long, Toes need fixing. But over all an excellent first test run. I have not filled in the torso, because I still have to move things around inside...I might have to change my center of gravity bu 2-4 inches.
Please feel free to comment and offer constructive criticism

Absolutely fantastic project!

I think you could get away with the arm cannons being made in a smaller diameter, I think they are a tad bit too large,dwarfing the rest of the body some.

Well, you're already beating the hell out of my Steamcon idea! This is WICKED!!!

Also, how do you support the upper torso? Is the weight going down your back legs then shoes? Or have you adapted some kind of frame in the legs to carry the weight? Super curious, been working on a similar, yet I am now seeing as a very simpler (LOL) Big-Costume and have been inventing many ideas on paper, but they all seem far too impractical......

Can't wait to see more!!!

Daddy from naboo, The arm cannons are oversize due to a gimmick I am building in. They are hopefully going to be Vortex guns. Fill with smoke, cover one end, make smaller opening on the other side...Bang on big end= 9" smoke rings shooting out like a sci fi gun...walking special effect...NO CGI needed. I would prefer to make them built to proper scale...less weight...easyer to handle ect. But the gimmick will be SOOO COOOL in real life. I Pray it works
Syioum...The weight is supported on my sholders and lower back, transfering weight down locks the torso in place to the legs...And I like my mobility to much for that. Besides the weight looks like it might hit my goal of 60 pounds..THATS RIGHT 60 pounds. Thats is a huge feat to have such a large build weigh so little. But till I add in electronics, I'm still just guessing. As to complicated vs simple...simple works better, don't knock it...Not that I have ever tried it myself...but I here its good :)

Started covering more stuff with Vinyl, still have to add some florescent green
This foreleg, thigh combo is about 6 feet tall.
You can also see , I have filled in some of the torso

Last edited:
Hi everybody, sorry for the slow posts. I have now skinned almost the whole thing. About 150 sq feet. I added a strap underneath to keep the torso in the right place. had to disassemble the arms for shipping.....they are SOOO BIG.
Hope to have some good video and photos after this weekend.
Comments and questions are welcome
As to the arms being oversized...long before I had the "smoke in a can": I had to make a jugment, and after 5 test cannons, I found this one to be the most powerful. For appearance and ease of use, I would prefer a smaller one BY FAR. But to make the Vortex Cannon work, I felt this size was needed...we will see in a week :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back