Muppets! Beaker, Bunsen, Chef and Animal!

Bradester

So after making so much superhero stuff, I figured my next Con costume should be from another genre. Characters and shows were thought of that have never gone away, that have been around for generations. The Muppet Show came to mind! Photos and screenshots were scaled up to a wearable size for accuracy. Behold Beaker! He is the first of a planned few :) .

Full/current Beaker construction photos can be seen here https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...629.1073741827.1095939327&type=1&l=8de25b2c55 and yes his mouth does open and close :) .

My finished Beaker head:
head.jpg

Compared to the real Beaker. Close enough!
compare.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Beaker from The Muppet Show!

excellent!

Thanks! He's really fun to wear and gets lots of very emotional attention, which was surprising. Like people crying from happiness.

There's a Beaker interview here at the 10:25 mark "Cosplay in America" @ Rose City Comic Con 2013 - YouTube

and Beaker won 2nd place at Rose City Comic Con's costume contest in his category which was a total surprise since it was his first time being worn! Scroll all the way to the 59:55 mark to see his few seconds of stage entry Rose City Comic Con: Cosplay Contest - YouTube . So much fun.

I would like to thank any of you that voted in the Wizard World 2013 Halloween Costume Contest, as Beaker and Bunsen won first place!!!

Last edited:

These are really charming! You've done a great job on these and they must be so much fun to be in!
(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Wonderful job on both of those, but the Beaker is especially cool.

Thank you much! I've purchased an audio control board and will be getting a servo motor and batteries here soon, so Beaker's mouth with be electronic instead of a pull string. If it works well, Bunsen will get an upgrade and Swedish Chef maybe but Chef is still under construction. The electronics cost more than the costumes!

Just spotted this thread, that's totally epic :cool:thumbsup love that Beaker it's proper awesome I lol'd :D

Just spotted this thread, that's totally epic :cool:thumbsup love that Beaker it's proper awesome I lol'd :D

Thank you much! There are a lot of ..... sub-par..... Beakers when you Google them. My main goal was to make him look like an 18" Muppet even though he's close to 7 feet tall. It's all about scale and ratios to make him look right.

Thank you much! There are a lot of ..... sub-par..... Beakers when you Google them. My main goal was to make him look like an 18" Muppet even though he's close to 7 feet tall. It's all about scale and ratios to make him look right.

Well you certainly pulled that off, It does look like an enlarged beaker muppet. Super stuff :D

This is one of the best costume ideas and fab that i have seen i might even give it a try myself……awesome work

Re: Beaker, Bunsen Honeydew and Swedish Chef!

Oh, so awesome! An emotional reaction from me, that's for sure! One of my life's highlights was playing Bunsen and Beaker as Richard Hunt's "stand in" during a production just months before Jim died. The original Muppets will always have a fond place in my heart. I'm so glad to see another fan keeping them alive!

-Todd

Re: Beaker, Bunsen Honeydew and Swedish Chef!

You sir are one of them there bonified genius types! These are amazing in action and I can't wait to see the chef!

(I eat popcorn like a muppet. I just sort of throw handfuls of it in the general direction of my head and hope some goes in my mouth.....)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back