MR Y-Wing

Cool....
I'm not crazy about that particular Y-wing's color scheme and pipe configuration.

I wonder who's going to be the first to redo theirs???

I've got my arsenal of new tubes/pipes, paint, photos, ETC. all lined up and ready to go and rip mine apart the minute it arrives... :lol Not a second less.. :lol

Lynn

I'll get one but not until I see a review in regards to any manufacturing defects and shipping damages. Can't afford to tie up my prop budget until I feel that the product is worth it and ready.

<div class='quotetop'>(SSRN Seaview @ Jun 26 2006, 07:48 PM) [snapback]1268850[/snapback]</div>
I'll get one but not until I see a review in regards to any manufacturing defects and shipping damages. Can't afford to tie up my prop budget until I feel that the product is worth it and ready.
[/b]

I think the Y-Wing itself will be top notch.... but I'm actually counting on shipping damages. Damaged units seem to pop up as seconds on Ebay cheap as chips. I picked up the SE AT-AT for $270. No snow base or signed plaque, but for a $700-1000 savings, I certainly don't mind :) Got a plaque coming from Wynnstudio.

[image]http://home.rochester.rr.com/jaypics/DSCF0147.JPG[/image]

-Jay

<div class='quotetop'>(SSRN Seaview @ Jun 26 2006, 07:48 PM) [snapback]1268850[/snapback]</div>
I'll get one but not until I see a review in regards to any manufacturing defects and shipping damages.
[/b]

Mine could arrive in 50 pieces and I wouldn't send it back. :D

It will go through a total and complete transformation from added pilot, to complete repaint, to all new and different tubes and piping, so any manufacturing and shipping issues don't mean jack sqaute to me.

I got it for the bird, not it's collectabilty. :lol

Lynn

If I am not mistaken, the guys who did the master for MR were Steve Neisen, Doug Mayo, Nick Sainton-Clark, Dan Loes, Ed Minto and Dan Satterthwaite.... knowing that.. I know it will be very nice indeed. Very talented people.

As I understand it.. even their master was changed a bit by MR,.. though I can't imagine why? Any ideas?

As Y-Wings go, even though it was one of my personal favorite designs,.. I think we're all lucky it is being done at all. LOL. :)

I will post a review when I receive it.. along with pics. I would think that we will see much of it as more of us get them in.

Some of my more important projects are begining to be finished and I will have much to share with you all soon. :)

<div class='quotetop'></div>
I will post a review when I receive it.. along with pics.[/b]

You learn something new every day. The MR Y-wing never came up during our many phonecons...I never knew you were getting one of these.

I shoulda figgered, huh? :love

Oh....you should have some new pictures of my current little 'project'. Check your folder. :D

<div class='quotetop'>(Hand Solo @ Jun 26 2006, 07:57 PM) [snapback]1268971[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>
I will post a review when I receive it.. along with pics.[/b]

You learn something new every day. The MR Y-wing never came up during our many phonecons...I never knew you were getting one of these.

I shoulda figgered, huh? :love

Oh....you should have some new pictures of my current little 'project'. Check your folder. :D
[/b][/quote]

LOL... guess mentioning it slipped my mind. :$ No need to think about the MR stuff though... you will be busy enough with the projects you will be starting in Sept.. :rolleyes

Saw the folder with your "little project".... very intriguing. Are those Rebel Snow Turrets I see being used? You are one of the most creative and detail talented people I know Bob. It's just amazing what you come up with. "Please sir,.. may I have some more?" LOL....Name that movie.

Aside from our planned work together...I am very excited to be getting this MR Y-Wing. There is no hiding or slipping of mentioning that today. :D

<div class='quotetop'>(Kuhn Global @ Jun 26 2006, 10:47 PM) [snapback]1269042[/snapback]</div>
LOL... guess mentioning it slipped my mind. :$ No need to think about the MR stuff though... you will be busy enough with the projects you will be starting in Sept.. :rolleyes [/b]

Speakin' o' which...I'm not waiting till next year to put ductwork in the shop for heat and AC. I'm doing that right quick. I worked only about an hour out there tonight...it was 90 degrees. Even with a fan going, I was miserable...

Saw the folder with your "little project".... very intriguing. Are those Rebel Snow Turrets I see being used?[/b]

Yessir. :p I had them lying around and they seemed just perfect for this.

You are one of the most creative and detail talented people I know Bob. It's just amazing what you come up with. "Please sir,.. may I have some more?" LOL....Name that movie.[/b]

Uh..." A Muppet Christmas Carol " ? Thanks. What do I win?

Aside from our planned work together...I am very excited to be getting this MR Y-Wing. There is no hiding or slipping of mentioning that today. :D
[/b]

I'd be excited too. Congrats on getting this. I can't wait to read your review. :thumbsup

This is good news, ill be tearing into mine as soon as i can and making good on what ive seen of MR's pics.
Please more pics of the red jammer. :lol

<div class='quotetop'>(Hand Solo @ Jun 27 2006, 07:04 AM) [snapback]1269045[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>
You are one of the most creative and detail talented people I know Bob. It's just amazing what you come up with. "Please sir,.. may I have some more?" LOL....Name that movie.[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Oliver.

<div class='quotetop'>(cobywan @ Jun 27 2006, 05:48 PM) [snapback]1269607[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Hand Solo @ Jun 27 2006, 07:04 AM) [snapback]1269045[/snapback]
<div class='quotetop'>

[/b][/quote]

Oliver.
[/b][/quote]

Nooo. ;)

It was the Muppets. I see you have no appreciation of the Classics. You bastage. :p :lol

Well...you're both right.

Coby is correct that it was in fact from Oliver.

Bob (HandSolo) is correct in the fact the the Muppets did the Oliver. seen using the same words..lol.

They're both classics, but only one was worthy of serious praise..lol. I enjoyed them both.:)

Sorry to take things off track from the Y...lol. ;) I just get cheesy sometimes. B)

Well Kurt, we've got to talk about something while we wait. :D

I know Coby was correct...more so than I. I was just ribbin' him.

~Hand Solo: Literate Pastafarian.

Just found on another site... not so nice :unsure
The lasertower looks even wronger than the first presented tower directly under the ship.
The factory paintjob is not too cool. Have to repaint mine...
Scroll down .

Dirty. The Y-wings MUST be dirty. Anything cleaner is just...

So basically this Y-wing has the Gold Leader markings, but has details from the 'Red Jammer' bird and a red R2 unit instead of a blue R2 with a red neck band?

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back