MR Vader Helmet Update

It´s simple man...

This is a Vader helmet update... I only said that there must be updates on the others helmets as well, and an update is an update... we ALL want to hear exact dates.. no more excuses...

You know what Megatron, I dont know about you, but I´m my work, If I dont do what I have to do on time, I´m fired... If I do my work bad, I´m fired ..., I cannot take the moeny from my clients and tell them... ohhh, sorry, my computer got a virus, wait 5 months... ohhh, my grandmom had a baby, wait another 3 months...

The fact is simple, I paid for the helmet many months ago, and yes, I want the helmets because I like them, but I really think they should do this well done, and not like they are doing...

This is what I really think, I dont want you to agree with me, but I think I´m more than FREE to post it here ... If you dont like what I said, I´m sorry, but this is how I feel.

I really desire MR can solve all this problems, and do it fast... release really good quallity helmets, and with NO DELAYS... and even more, I really desire they keep on making more and more and more SW helmets... but believe me, not this way ... just do it well ...

Originally posted by Benkenove@Mar 2 2006, 01:19 AM
It´s simple man...

This is a Vader helmet update... I only said that there must be updates on the others helmets as well, and an update is an update... we ALL want to hear exact dates.. no more excuses...

You know what Megatron, I dont know about you, but I´m my work, If I dont do what I have to do on time, I´m fired... If I do my work bad, I´m fired ..., I cannot take the moeny from my clients and tell them... ohhh, sorry, my computer got a virus, wait 5 months... ohhh, my grandmom had a baby, wait another 3 months...

The fact is simple, I paid for the helmet many months ago, and yes, I want the helmets because I like them, but I really think they should do this well done, and not like they are doing...

This is what I really think,  I dont want you to agree with me, but I think I´m more than FREE to post it here ... If you dont like what I said, I´m sorry, but this is how I feel.

I really desire MR can solve all this problems, and do it fast... release really good quallity helmets, and with NO DELAYS... and even more, I really desire they keep on making more and more and more SW helmets... but believe me, not this way ... just do it well ...
[snapback]1196806[/snapback]​

Well said,with you all the way

Any real news on shipping, single sig version specifically?

I saw the Aug date on starwarsshop.com, hopefully that is for NEW orders.

Originally posted by rudolpht@Mar 2 2006, 05:56 PM
Any real news on shipping, single sig version specifically?

I saw the Aug date on starwarsshop.com, hopefully that is for NEW orders.
[snapback]1197493[/snapback]​

...could very well be....I guess this is where MR can chime in and confirm....

Originally posted by KevVader@Mar 2 2006, 04:38 PM
...could very well be....I guess this is where MR can chime in and confirm....
[snapback]1197522[/snapback]​

Hopefully they will chime in here again ... not that I'm really trying to bitch anymore (having already received a helmet makes it easier not too, iregardless of it being damaged) but I've haven't been able to get "BOO" in response from them about anything :lol I've sent e-mails to the listed addy for an RMA - no response ... I've sent PM's (2) - no response ... and I've been posting open questions on the forum in two seperate threads - no response. The only reason it bothers me a little is because I've seen them respond/address others before me, and after me on the forum .... seemingly ignoring me :lol Then again, I could be taking it too personally I suppose..... but it almost appears tjat they're pissed at me? Can't imagine why :angel

FP

Posted on the RebelScum Forums:

"Dear Master Replicas Customer,

We would like to share with you the latest updates regarding your Darth Vader Helmets.

All of the Darth Vader Helmets have now arrived at the factory in China. Our Director of Product Development personally reviewed the helmets with our vendor in their factory in China, and it was determined that many of the helmets are going to require more work than first anticipated. Unfortunately, this will result in a delay in the shipment of the helmets. We now anticipate beginning to ship the replacement helmets in September and the outstanding orders shortly thereafter.

Please be assured that we will continue to work with our vendor to improve the schedule. We will provide you with another update next month.

We apologize for this delay and appreciate your continued patience and understanding. Master Replicas is committed to only delivering quality products to our loyal customers.

Sincerely,

The Master Replicas Team"

<div class='quotetop'>(PnatheraGem @ Feb 25 2006, 06:01 PM) [snapback]1193599[/snapback]</div>
Funny, I was just looking for a thread to ask "Are these shipping again?". Got my answer. I think I'll start thinking about getting one again in oh.... September....?
[/b]

So do I win some kind of prize? :lol

Actually, that's just for the replacements. "Shortly thereafter"= Jan/Feb '07?

FYI for anyone that didn't get the lastest email (7/17/2006):

"Dear Master Replicas Customer,

We wanted to give you a brief overview of the Darth Vader Helmet Upgrade procedure that we have initiated, which will hopefully answer many of your questions about this program.

We have returned all of the helmets back to the manufacturer in Asia. This includes both the ones that we had in stock and the ones that were returned by consumers. The first step was to evaluate each helmet and determine which ones could be used to make a helmet that meets our quality standards. Only these helmets were to be used in the upgrade process.

The helmets that passed the quality standard guidelines were completely stripped of all of the lenses, internal padding, straps, etc. The helmets were then repaired, repainted and polished.

Next the helmets were reassembled with all new components. Also, some of the parts have been re-designed and re-engineered to improve the product.

Other improvements incorporated in the remaking of the helmets include:

§ The display stand has been redesigned to be more structurally stable. Each helmet will come with this new stand.

§ We have redesigned the fleece bags and most importantly, we have removed the embroidery from the bags which could scratch some the helmets. Most of you may remember, this was the initial issue.

§ A third party inspection company has been witnessing the destruction of the unusable helmet components.

We have read all of the concerns and issues communicated to us through e-mails, telephone and the forums so hopefully this update has addressed them all. Please rest assured that we have implemented a very strict quality control process that checks every detail to ensure that each helmet will meet our high-quality standards. If for any reason you are not satisfied with our product or it does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a full refund as you can with all Master ReplicasÂ’ products.

The shipping schedules have not changed since the last update. We will send you another update in August.

Once again, thank you very much for your patience through this extensive replacement program.

Sincerely,
The Master Replicas Team"

<div class='quotetop'>(SithLord @ Jul 17 2006, 05:03 PM) [snapback]1282687[/snapback]</div>
wow....they sure went through great lengths to take care of this....can't wait to see an upgraded helmet....
[/b]
I agree... and since all of their helmet lines have been troubled, I think they are really trying to go the extra mile and make it as perfect as possible to hopefully get the whole helmet concept back on track.

Of course, as always, only time will tell.

I am a bit woried when they say "repainted". That means they have to go over the old spray job making the detail less sharp around the mouth and eyes. What do you think?

Still very excited about getting one though.

<div class='quotetop'>(DRAGONFLY @ Jul 19 2006, 11:37 AM) [snapback]1283682[/snapback]</div>
I am a bit woried when they say "repainted". That means they have to go over the old spray job making the detail less sharp around the mouth and eyes. What do you think?

[/b]
I would think that they stripped the paint before applying new coats. Though, I of course cannot know for sure, but to go through all that repair trouble only to mess up with the painting would seem silly.

<div class='quotetop'>(NoHumorMan @ Jul 19 2006, 12:07 PM) [snapback]1283697[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(DRAGONFLY @ Jul 19 2006, 11:37 AM) [snapback]1283682[/snapback]

[/b]
I would think that they stripped the paint before applying new coats. Though, I of course cannot know for sure, but to go through all that repair trouble only to mess up with the painting would seem silly.
[/b][/quote]
Agreed, i think that they would be extra visual on inspecting these,very foolish if they dont,the world is watching....

Sent an e-mail to MR today and got a reply within an hour,helmets are going to start shipping out in the next two weeks,they hope to ship them all out by the end of September,can this realy be the end of the waiting?

Who knows. I tried to get a refund on a helmet. Let me tell you, it's difficult. Tried 2 weeks ago, they said it would post to my account in a week. Never happened.

Call today and guess what, they said I never cancelled the order. :rolleyes

Now I have to go through a special "corporate" procedure to get my money back, which they have been holding on to since January. I'm done with MR.

<div class='quotetop'>(hyperdyne @ Aug 16 2006, 11:16 PM) [snapback]1301840[/snapback]</div>
Who knows. I tried to get a refund on a helmet. Let me tell you, it's difficult. Tried 2 weeks ago, they said it would post to my account in a week. Never happened.

Call today and guess what, they said I never cancelled the order. :rolleyes

Now I have to go through a special "corporate" procedure to get my money back, which they have been holding on to since January. I'm done with MR.
[/b]
Have to admit this is my 2nd order for a helmet, i pre paid for one from a retailer in June of last year, but canceled this year in may,last month i reordered straight from master replicas after several failed attemps of trying to find alternative makers of an ep 3 mask, I guess by doing this i have go to the bottom of the pile for dispatches. :confused

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back