MR TOS ENTERPRISE - WHO BOUGHT!?

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by Mechinyun, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Mechinyun

Mechinyun Sr Member

Just wondering how popular the presale went today.

Given that the complete run is like 2000 pieces total Im wondering how fast this thing is gonna sell out.

I know I was there on the site at like 9:01am.

2. CessnaDriver

CessnaDriver Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I bought the Nimoy/Shatner sig edition the other day during the collectors society pre sale.

3. eaviii

eaviii Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

In for the regular version (no signatures)- Very cool

Doc

4. Pauleysolo

Pauleysolo Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I bought the Nimoy Shatner Sig version as well-

5. SithLord

SithLord Sr Member

Link to the pre-sale website???

6. CessnaDriver

CessnaDriver Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

7. Galactifan

Galactifan Sr Member

Cross your fingers that these babies will last longer than the other Enterprise reproductions by that other company from a few years ago. You know the ones with the sagging engines, etc.

8. Mechinyun

Mechinyun Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(Galactifan @ Jun 16 2006, 01:10 AM) [snapback]1262489[/snapback]</div>
    No worries there

>> Internal metal armature ensures long term structural integrity

Im sure the designers are all to aware of that other companys previous fiasco on this ship.

edit: there are some great threads kicking around in the SS forum on the dev of it, some good pix too.

9. Lynn TXP 0369

Lynn TXP 0369 Sr Member

Preordered mine.

Lynn

10. Roger Ramjet

Roger Ramjet Sr Member

I dished out the 1999.00 for the Signature Edition.....

Roger

11. Mola Rob

Mola Rob Sr Member

I waited until after the presale and went with the Limited Edition.

12. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

Put in my preorder this morning.
    For the non signature version.

Bye for now
    Al

13. Rocketeer390

Rocketeer390 Well-Known Member

Ordered my non-signature on Tuesday. Can't wait to get it.

14. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'></div>
    Taking into account MRÂ’s past shipping record it might be a long wait, but the good thing is they donÂ’t charge your credit card until it ships.

I can wait it out considering this is going to be a first class reproduction and a lot of collectorsÂ’ have been waiting for a chance to own a model of this caliber for some time.

I think it stands right up there with the MR Disney Nautilus as one of the most desired reproductions to come around in years.

Bye for now
    Al

15. yt

yt Sr Member

LE edition for me, may cancel my order and go through AD instead...

16. phez

phez Sr Member

Ordered Shatner/Nemoy version. :)

17. Mechinyun

Mechinyun Sr Member

I took the standard non sig version. Sigs dont matter much to me. However Im sure down the road those will command a premium if resold.

I was just thinking, just with the people who have posted so far we have together spend almost $20,000 dollars on this.

Crazy..

18. phez

phez Sr Member

It is an expesive piece.
    I was really torn on this one.
    I could not afford the BC signature edition but wanted one that would still be rare.
    I am going to :cry if these don't sell and hit eBay for cheap.

19. Mechinyun

Mechinyun Sr Member

I hear ya phez, I am going to keep a eye out to see how many are still kicking around by ship time. May drop the order the rebuy cheaper. But still 2000 total? There is gotta be plenty of trek fans all over the world that would flip for this thing. My wallet is crying right now along with my wife, you might see me next year living in a cardboard box with this ship held close acting like rain man.. 1200 dollars 1200 dollars..

20. neosporing

neosporing Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(Mechinyun @ Jun 17 2006, 01:22 AM) [snapback]1263036[/snapback]</div>
    if you are the same individual who has an AMT refit build-up over at Cultman (which is an incredible jaw-dropping build btw) are you going to aztec your MR?

21. Mechinyun

Mechinyun Sr Member

NO way jose. Keeping this baby all stock. :)

22. temponaut

temponaut Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

<div class='quotetop'>(ufptrekker1701 @ Jun 16 2006, 07:42 PM) [snapback]1262553[/snapback]</div>
    Dude... if you popped for $1,999.00, you ordered the Commemorative Edition, not the Signature Edition. :D

23. mr.predicta

mr.predicta Well-Known Member

still out on buying another TOS ship.
    If I hadnt already spent years building the cutaway lighted version (see studio scale in the forum) I might be all over this. plus the rumor the Polar lights might do a 3 footer as a kit... :rolleyes
    well I dont know might just buy the base non signature version.cant have enough starships, still it doesnt have a bridge or a shuttle bay awww S#.t I cant make a decision...will have to sleep on it.
    I almost bought that half scale on the junkyard last week,was a little late with my offer..still dont know where It was going to live, * huge that one ..but still I would have had a blast super detalling that one up bridge,shuttlebay, working doors,real lazers in the saucer.yeah think I will wait to figure out how to do a 6 footer.
    anyway considering how long it took me to do a decent job on the cutaway 1200 bucks is cheap could have spent my time on doing other things like working on my Robby the Robot costume ah well...

24. rad1701

rad1701 Sr Member

Preordered the Standard LE when it first went on sale. Almost went for the Shatner/Nimoy but a little plaque with their names didn't add up to $300 more for me. I also don't mind waiting a bit - as long as this is a first class item when it ships. We should start a pool of when it will ship. My vote right now is Feb. 2007 (just a wild guess).

25. kuyadavid

kuyadavid Well-Known Member

I pre-ordered the LE. I don't at all mind that it will not ship until fall, as that give me time to figure out a way to keep my wife from going berserk over the money spent on it.

26. yt

yt Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(kuyadavid @ Jun 19 2006, 11:23 PM) [snapback]1264185[/snapback]</div>
    Just lie, it works for me. :love

27. Roger Ramjet

Roger Ramjet Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(temponaut @ Jun 17 2006, 09:56 AM) [snapback]1263144[/snapback]</div>
    Dude... if you popped for $1,999.00, you ordered the Commemorative Edition, not the Signature Edition. :D
    [/b][/quote]

Well now the cat is out of the bag....lol ;)

Roger

28. Lynn TXP 0369

Lynn TXP 0369 Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(mr.predicta @ Jun 19 2006, 01:48 AM) [snapback]1263853[/snapback]</div>
    I think Polar lights has stopped making models after the Big E refit.

Lynn

29. G.A.Thrawn

G.A.Thrawn New Member

I put in an order for the commemorative edition. Hope they do a NCC 1701-D TNG version down the road.