MR TOS Enterprise - new pics

rhboyd

Sr Member
Hey all... I got these pics from the comic store I do graphics work for, and since I was never told if they were confidentail or not, I thought I'd share. If there's any problems, let me know and I'll take 'em down... but for now.....

This first shot looks like it has some image manipulation artifacts all over it... weird... but...

00_1701.jpg

01_1701.jpg

02_1701.jpg

03_1701.jpg

04_1701.jpg

05_1701.jpg

06_1701.jpg

07_1701.jpg

pretty.... so very pretty.....

cheers,
-r.

<div class='quotetop'>(Bryancd @ Jun 16 2006, 09:23 AM) [snapback]1262664[/snapback]</div>
Rob, are those pics or CG renders of the model?
[/b]

If it is, they put in the decal film on the bottom registry markings of the saucer.

We have yet to see a recent pic of her lit up though.

I'm going to guess those are CG renderings. In several shots there's nothing supporting the model. Also those look like Lightwave shadows.

Orthographic photos of the physical paint master could have been used as texture maps.

- k

Hey guys... these are product shots. That being said, they ahve been photoshopped a bit for presentation sake, I assume. Someone blacked in the backgrounds... and probably painted out the support stand in some pics... but pictures they are... used to sell the product to stores. That's where I got 'em.

...and it's Ron.. not Rob. ;)

-r.

ugh, the pics are just making the wait worse.
Glad Im building an X-wing model to occupy my spacecraft obsessions in the mean time.

Even though this is my least favorite Enteprise (ducks) the job MR and John Eaves has done on it made me change my mind and I'll definitely be getting one.

I can't wait to see video of this all lit up with the motors spinning like crazy.

- Rob

...a tomato just went by my window.

Looks a lot like the prototype they had on display at Wonderfest a few weeks ago. In some of the shots above you can even see the shine from the decal carrier film around the NCC numbers (look at the shots under the saucer). Even if these shots are CG (and it could be, considering they used a 3D model in the development), the prototype looks a lot like it.

The trick will be to see if their production run has the same paint job as the prototype. The Prototype was built up and painted as you would a standard model. I doubt the final run will be nearly as polished (which is again why I think they should release this as a kit).

<div class='quotetop'>(Mechinyun @ Jun 16 2006, 11:25 PM) [snapback]1263039[/snapback]</div>
LOL @ phase pistol

VADER: NOoOOOOOooooooooo
[/b]

They should have specified something more then "spinny warp effect thingys".

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back