MR Stormtrooper helmet

Originally posted by Brak's Buddy@Feb 21 2006, 11:55 AM
As has been posted above, it seems that GF is involved in this project and if so, it is possible that the MR helmet is derived from his helmet, and not a new source.  IF that is true, I am curious as to why everyone is so excited about this helmet.  I am not trying to crap on it in any way but it seems to me that this helmet will be a rework of a previously reworked helmet.  Am I just missing something here?

We know MR scanned a real Fett Helmet.  Is there any info on the actual source of this helmet?
[snapback]1189490[/snapback]​

I have no idea if you are right or wrong with this but why would they use the GF helmet if they have access to helmets in the archive? Plus I thought GF sold all his molds to AP :confused

I wonder if LFL's lawyers will be stood behind him watching over his shoulder :lol

Originally posted by RKW@Feb 21 2006, 07:03 AM

......I have no idea if you are right or wrong with this but why would they use the GF helmet if they have access to helmets in the archive?....

...Exactly....doesn't make sense....

Just because GF 'may' be involved does not mean they are using his helmet. He could, if he is being consulted at all, be there strictly as a hands on consultant for the molding and vac processing of the helmets. Again, just speculating, as none of us here know whether or not he is involved or to what extent... :)

"As has been posted above, it seems that GF is involved in this project and if so, it is possible that the MR helmet is derived from his helmet, and not a new source.  IF that is true, I am curious as to why everyone is so excited about this helmet.  I am not trying to crap on it in any way but it seems to me that this helmet will be a rework of a previously reworked helmet.  Am I just missing something here"

Why do we always start the rumour mill here? We have little info, so why not just sit tight til we are told something? Speculation leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to Icons...

I would hope MR would be basing their designs on helmets found in the archives, Stunt and Hero’s – although I do remember when we first saw pics of the prototype helmet at last years Toy Show event I remarked it looked like a GF (the dome curve was a bit of a giveaway). Anyway – that was just a prototype (I hope...).

Whatever, IF MR is looking at vac forming then it would make sense to get some consultancy from someone with some experience in vac forming the suckers (although I suppose they could phone up AA :lol :lol :lol)

Cheers

Jez

Originally posted by BingoBongo275@Feb 21 2006, 09:48 AM
.......(although I suppose they could phone up AA :lol :lol :lol)

Cheers

Jez
[snapback]1189584[/snapback]​

....now you've done it Jez....y'know that's gonna cost ya. :p

Originally posted by BingoBongo275+Feb 21 2006, 02:48 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BingoBongo275 @ Feb 21 2006, 02:48 PM)</div>
I would hope MR would be basing their designs on helmets found in the archives, Stunt and HeroÂ’s[/b]

Me too. However...

<!--QuoteBegin-BingoBongo275
@Feb 21 2006, 02:48 PM
I do remember when we first saw pics of the prototype helmet at last years Toy Show event I remarked it looked like a GF (the dome curve was a bit of a giveaway). Anyway – that was just a prototype (I hope...).

Exactly. This is why I brought it up. I am not making statements of fact or trying to start rumors. I am asking questions based off two seperate pieces of info. The first being that the prototype DID look a bit like GF's helmet, and now there is talk of GF's involvement in the project. For the sake of allt hose lining up to buy a helmet, I do hope that the prototype is not sourced from the same helmet as the final will be, but as I asked initially, will people here still be lining up to buy one if it ends up basically being a cleaned up GF?

I won't be interested in any unless I know the source of the master.

I also won't be interested in any "symmetrical" cleaned up version either, it just won't look right. If you take a photo of the MR prototype and color the lenses in it looks way wrong.

Unfortunately I think its wishfull thinking that LFL would allow any molds to be taken by MR of the only 2 ANH helmets left in the archives, now that they know what they have.

I just don't see it happening on one hand but on the other hand, based on the way they have stuff just sitting around collecting dust in boxes, they may not care.

So if they don't make the wonky helmet from those then the question is what will they be using as the master.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back