MR Obiwan Force FX

kalkamel

Master Member
Just received MR's announcement of this product in my inbox:

top_with_prod.gif

"With this shocking realization, bonds of friendship are shattered and master and apprentice face-off in a duel to decide the fate of the galaxy.
Master Replicas brings you revered Jedi master Obi-Wan KenobiÂ’s Force FX lightsaber. Featuring the latest advances in our FX technology, you can wield this amazing Jedi weapon in your own battles against Magna guards, General Grievous, or Darth Vader himself.

Will they have the skills to defeat you? Or will you, like Obi-Wan himself, deal a crippling blow against the dark side of the Force?

Our jaw-dropping collectible features –

Power up/power down light and sound effects
Idle, hum and clash sound effects taken from original sound files supplied by Skywalker Sound
Quality metal construction
Display stand featuring the Star Wars logo

Only $119.

Collectors Society On Sale:
May 16 , 2006
(9:00 am Pacific Time)

General Public On Sale Date:
May 18 , 2006
(9:00 am Pacific Time)

Expected to begin shipping:
Summer 2006"

Some have different sounds... I just got an Anakin ROTS, and it sounds very different from my Vader ESB (and both sound different from the Anakin AOTC i had a while back, if i remember correctly). I do remember reading that the Vader and Maul have the same sounds though... Maybe they keep the same sounds for sabers of like colors?

The Mace Windu one soudns different from all the others. I only own the Vader ESB one but I have tried the Windu and Anakin at TRU and they sound different to me.

Yeah, the neck is goofy just like the ROTJ Luke. I saw pics of it from some con. Toy-something or Comic-something. Oh hell, I can't remember.

They showed the pommel end in the pic to draw the eye away from the thick neck on the saber...
Here's a pic.

obi3fx9mu.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(Sporak @ May 13 2006, 05:39 PM) [snapback]1243787[/snapback]</div>
They showed the pommel end in the pic to draw the eye away from the thick neck on the saber...
Here's a pic.

obi3fx9mu.jpg

[/b]

I hate TripleFatGoose FX sabers. They look like Hasbro toys. :p

<div class='quotetop'>(Darth_Pain @ May 13 2006, 03:17 PM) [snapback]1243798[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Sporak @ May 13 2006, 05:39 PM) [snapback]1243787[/snapback]
Here's a pic.

obi3fx9mu.jpg

[/b]

I hate TripleFatGoose FX sabers. They look like Hasbro toys. :p
[/b][/quote]

I actually think the Hasbro one is better proportioned.

I agree...Now, if they wouln't have done that stupid Force vibrate flashy thing to it...
it turned a cool toy that I was looking forward to playing with into one I NEVER use.
In fact, I tore it apart and managed to get the vibrating motor out of it,
but not the flash on impact "feature". :angry

<div class='quotetop'>(jlee562 @ May 13 2006, 07:32 PM) [snapback]1243816[/snapback]</div>
I actually think the Hasbro one is better proportioned.
[/b]

anyone would think we didn't know they were making it....................in fact, anyone would think we'd never seen the luke rotj force fx......lighten up for christs sake.

<div class='quotetop'>(~Sal~ @ May 14 2006, 09:36 AM) [snapback]1244024[/snapback]</div>
Yuck......
For how off that is, they shouldn't have bothered making it.
[/b]

yeah why they didnt make the ep1 or 2 obi before this is so far beyond me i dont know how to put into words...

I don't like it either, but they did what they could with in the limitations of the product. They have to have room for electronics, structural support for the blade, mass production, and come in at $120 with profit margin figured in. Perhaps they shouldn't have attemted it considering those limitations. Obviously they felt it would sell enough to make the investment worth it. The market will tell.

If you are looking for something accurate to the movie prop, then you shouldn't be looking at the FX line to begin with. That's what the Limited Editions are for.

<div class='quotetop'>(RedTwoX @ May 14 2006, 04:56 PM) [snapback]1244194[/snapback]</div>
I don't like it either, but they did what they could with in the limitations of the product. They have to have room for electronics, structural support for the blade, mass production, and come in at $120 with profit margin figured in. Perhaps they shouldn't have attemted it considering those limitations. Obviously they felt it would sell enough to make the investment worth it. The market will tell.

If you are looking for something accurate to the movie prop, then you shouldn't be looking at the FX line to begin with. That's what the Limited Editions are for.
[/b]

yes but i have an ep3 anakin, and while the REAL ep3 ani hilt was smaller than a graflex, the FX is almost the exact size of a graflex, which makes more sense...

have you held an ep5 vader???

its VERY close in EVERY way to the real prop. (as much as a plastic FX can be)

the ROTS obi and luke ROTJ, are VERY poor choices period.

you cant tell me that they couldnt make an ep2 obi VERY close proportionately to the prop... at least a LOT closer than they can an ep3 obi. there is really no room for debate IMHO that thing just looks horrid.

Sure those others are just about correctly porportioned...but the blade has to work within the neck, or it'd break off...
I don't love the look either...but at least they made something.
Some just want this to play with...

I don't have either of those two you mentioned (Luke , Obi) for just that reason, but there are some who love theirs regardless of that "one" flaw.

I'm sure they'll do the Ep 2 eventually.

<div class='quotetop'>(oldken @ May 14 2006, 05:09 PM) [snapback]1244202[/snapback]</div>
yes but i have an ep3 anakin, and while the REAL ep3 ani hilt was smaller than a graflex, the FX is almost the exact size of a graflex, which makes more sense...

have you held an ep5 vader???

its VERY close in EVERY way to the real prop. (as much as a plastic FX can be)

the ROTS obi and luke ROTJ, are VERY poor choices period.

you cant tell me that they couldnt make an ep2 obi VERY close proportionately to the prop... at least a LOT closer than they can an ep3 obi. there is really no room for debate IMHO that thing just looks horrid.
[/b]

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back