MR Mace Windu Help

bertie816

Hi All,

I just got a MR Mace Windu saber from a friend, but it doesn't work. I took it apart and found that the original batteries had been left in for about 10 years. The hilt was filled with battery acid. I took it apart and tried to rewire the entire battery pack because it was so terribly corroded. That didn't work according to plan, so now I'm in search of a new battery pack. Is there anywhere I could find one?

Hi bertie816 and welcome ... you could try and post a WTB in the Junkyard or see if one comes up on ebay ... however you may need to check whether you need a MR Windu battery pack because of the sound fx or if any battery pack is suitable?

Chaim

If the old part is just covered in the dried battery gunk, soak it in vinegar and scrub the hell out of it with a toothbrush, it'll eat right through it. Old photographer's trick. I've saved many a flea market flash using that method. If the metal truly is eroded away then that's a different story.

Good luck.

Thanks for the quick responses! I posted in the junkyard. With any luck it will be restored back to its glory in no time.

- - - Updated - - -

If the old part is just covered in the dried battery gunk, soak it in vinegar and scrub the hell out of it with a toothbrush, it'll eat right through it. Old photographer's trick. I've saved many a flea market flash using that method. If the metal truly is eroded away then that's a different story.

Good luck.

I already took apart the battery pack after trying that method and using lemon juice as well

That sucks! Its just the battery pack right? If it's just that I may have one laying around at home. I'll check for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back