MR Luke ESB lightsaber question

jariksolo4

So I just sold my MR Luke ESB lightsaber on ebay. I was the sole owner of it. I bought it when it came out, displayed it for a while, then it's been in the closet boxed up safe and sound for the past few years.

The lovely chap that bought it sends me this nastygram today claiming the item was not as described. There is apparently glue all over the ears and that area and claims that I broke it and was using glue to hold the ears in place.

I told the fine fellow that I never noticed any glue up there, nor would I have any reason to have used glue. the saber was displayed and store only.

He's asking for a refund, and I quote him "I just got done talking to Steve Dymszo, one of the founders of master replicas, he stated that none of the production Luke ESB lightsabers had glue used on them. I will be filing a claim with ebay for item not described and shipping it back to you for a full refund."

So my question is to those of you who own this piece, glue or no glue? I told him this obviously is not a real graflex, is a display piece and was mass produced in a factory. Sloppy glue applications happen.

Thanks for your input guys.

Do you want my info since I'm the one that bought it from you?:angry I asked Steve on here and he sent me a pm saying not to his knowledge they were only told to tighten the pin holding it so it wouldn't come loose, not glue it. if everyone would like pictues so they can judge for themselves I'd be happy to put close up pictures of it (unlike your auction) up. I have owned 2 of the SE Luke ESB sabers and 1 LE saber in the past and NONE of them had glue on the rabbit ears dripping down the side of one into the pin area. I looked at it for a good twenty minutes trying to figure out why there would be glue there and the best idea that I came up with is that either the previous owner glued it for some reason or you got the only MR luke ESB LE saber with glue one the rabbit ears. Funny thing about it is that the glue is hobby glue, because the smell of it I recognize, since it was strong when I opened the presentation box. I would like to hear from other people on this whether they have this saber with the same issue of glue on the pin that holds the rabbit ears to the graflex replica. I do not want to have this thread turn into a big name calling match, I would just like to see what if any info exists on this. I have never for one scene it or heard it before on any saber except the obi EE and the grips on some sabers. This was expected from places that were supposed to be glued, I've never seen that on the rabbit ears on any of the MR sabers I have owned and I have owned them all.

On a side note maybe before you go quoting people to make them look stupid you should really check the member database to make sure they don't belong to the forum.
Jim

Ah... simple... buyer return the saber to the seller... seller refund the money. Don't refund money until you are in possession of the returned item. I don't see the point in dragging this out into a flame war.

Same here. Just wanted to see if there were others that had the same problem with sabers. I don't know why just thought maybe if someone else had the same problem they could have talked with MR customer service and maybe found out why the glue was there.
Me and the seller already talked some more in emails and are fine.
Jim

this may sound obvious but couldnt you just peel the glue off? or is it actually broken and glued back together?

its not broken in any way. the glue is in between the rabbit ears at the graflex replica and down the side. The glue is a real thin glue so it can't be broken off of it.
Jim

Hi Jaakub,

If you ignite your lightsaber the problem could already be solved :lol

Sorry :$ couldn't resist however now that I think of it could you apply
some heat to melt the glue residu? Perhaps hold it over a candle flame ...
not to close to avoid scorching your metal finish!

This is why I always purchase real vintage graflex flashgun ... you may get
some rust on them but never glue :)

-Chaim

The real rabbit ears are functional pieces and if one wanted to eliminate any wobble and rattle (something possibly undesirable in a high-end replica) then some sort of adhesive may have been used.
For Steve to say that he can guarantee anything that happened or didn't happen in a factory in China years ago is laughable.
That being said, any original adhesive still having a noticeable odor after all those years is also pretty suspect.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back