MR CloneTrooper Helmet ARRIVES !! PICS !!!

There is no basis in reality to say "A person gets flamed for a dissenting opinion all the time here.". The comments by WC were nothing more than attacks(there was no constructive criticism present...) and when asked to show a comparison pic, Rudopht took our own opinion as a personal attack on him and what he has in his collection. They've taken on the MR clone helmet as a method to "show MR is the devil", when the rest of us don't give a crap about that melodramatic nonsense. All we want to know is what the product MR is selling us looks like. :confused

Every day there are people who show their personal collections, of which contain items which are fan-made and not completely accurate to the movies. And in most cases(despite a few trolls) the response is positive.

Now.. if you're referring to "recasting" :)eek), that's a whole 'nother can of worms left for a different thread(thread #1,473,582).

As far as that image... that isn't the star corps. :)

I would tend to agree with your assumption.

HEY. Look at the boots I made.
MyBootsSide.jpg

My girl and Darth.
EmAndDave.jpg

Originally posted by StarWars Collector@Dec 28 2005, 10:34 PM
I thought this forum was about sharing common interests, but I may be wrong...
[snapback]1145373[/snapback]​

Originally posted by Gytheran@Dec 28 2005, 05:42 PM
"show MR is the devil"
[snapback]1145388[/snapback]​

Now that, respectfully, is both melodramatic and crap. I have dozens of MR pieces, and as I stated I will all the next rounds of TC buckets and dozens more MR items. A big company can take some criticism and hopefully improve. The missize & mispaint, again is not detering me from buying more, so lets at least keep it honest. There is a difference between constructive criticism and being a wide-eyed fanboy defender of a purchase (or a future purchase).

Gytheran, you have been attacking me and most or all fan-made helmet owners. Rudolph has both fan-made and MR, and probably finds your remarks about his helmet and my helmet offensive. I do. I painted them, therefore it is my opinion that I paint better than chinese robots.

OK, constructive criticism... neither the fan-made or Lucas Licensed MR helmet are fully correct. The white stripe is surely wrong and the size is probably wrong. Most here agree.

And yes, lastly, we all know that Commander Cody is not 327th Star Corps, his unit is the 2224th, but his trooper's helmets look very similar to the MR helmet we are seeing. Like a combination of 2224th and 327th blended together. You think we are dumb?

Tea and cookies,

John

Now.. if you're referring to "recasting" (icon_eek.gif), that's a whole 'nother can of worms left for a different thread(thread #1,473,582).

As far as that image... that isn't the star corps. smile.gif

No. Recasting is a blight on the entire hobby. I can't believe I even typed the 'word that shall not be spoken'.

I was simply stating that there are those here that make it their crusade to squish people and their efforts simply because something wasn't purchased for $35,000 or swiped from a movie set and dipped in rubber.

I am sorry for detouring from the subject matter. Heck, I am not even sure what the subject was. Is it a debate, a show off the new helmet thread, or what?

As for that pic, no, it's not Star Corp. You got me. :D

But it is a shot of oversized clone helmets in the movie. I seriously doubt that more than one wireframe (it is possible though.) was made for the film, BUT there were a LOT of people that worked on rendering all those scenes, and I am betting many of them never even passed in the hallways during post-production. I think that screen cap alone shows that a CGI prop is troublesome when bringing it into the "real world".

Even something as finite as a CGI wireframe can be interpreted and changed, or rendered wrong.

Originally posted by WhiteCommando@Dec 28 2005, 05:10 PM
Gytheran, you have been attacking me and most or all fan-made helmet owners. Rudolph has both fan-made and MR, and probably finds your remarks about his helmet and my helmet offensive. I do. I painted them, therefore it is my opinion that I paint better than chinese robots
Huh? I said I have yet to see an accurate, fan-based helmet... That is true.

If you took offense to that...

You think we are dumb?
For what, you taking personal opinion as personal attacks on you, using the term 'Tardy' over and over(like a broken record) as a means to say the MR helmet is bad, or to even present such a silly, open-ended question in the first place?

I never said a word.

Originally posted by Javamonkey@Dec 28 2005, 05:28 PM
Now.. if you're referring to "recasting" (icon_eek.gif), that's a whole 'nother can of worms left for a different thread(thread #1,473,582).

As far as that image... that isn't the star corps. smile.gif

No. Recasting is a blight on the entire hobby. I can't believe I even typed the 'word that shall not be spoken'.

I was simply stating that there are those here that make it their crusade to squish people and their efforts simply because something wasn't purchased for $35,000 or swiped from a movie set and dipped in rubber.

I am sorry for detouring from the subject matter. Heck, I am not even sure what the subject was. Is it a debate, a show off the new helmet thread, or what?

As for that pic, no, it's not Star Corp. You got me. :D

But it is a shot of oversized clone helmets in the movie. I seriously doubt that more than one wireframe (it is possible though.) was made for the film, BUT there were a LOT of people that worked on rendering all those scenes, and I am betting many of them never even passed in the hallways during post-production. I think that screen cap alone shows that a CGI prop is troublesome when bringing it into the "real world".

Even something as finite as a CGI wireframe can be interpreted and changed, or rendered wrong.
[snapback]1145416[/snapback]​

I agree there may have been more than one wireframe, but then again the perspective of that shot is not conducive to scaling the helmet to the rest of the body. :)

MR starts shipping Standard Clone Helmet.... :)

Great News. Your order is ready to ship.

Order number: XXXXXXXX
Item: Clone Trooper Helmet Ep III LE (SW-144)
Quantity: 1 units
Unit Price: $349.00
Shipping: $81.00
Tax: $0.00
Total: $430.00
Available to ship week of: January 9, 2006

Please review and update your credit card information and double check your delivery address so that we can process your order quickly. We know youÂ’ve been anxiously waiting and we donÂ’t want anything held up.

You can verify your information by logging into your account at www.masterreplicas.com. Go to your history to review and update any information that needs to be changed.

If you have trouble updating your information on the website, or have additional questions, please call us at 1-866-REPLIKA (866-737-5452) or email us at customerservice@masterreplicas.com.

Come back and visit us soon. We always have exciting new information on our website.

Sincerely,
Master Replicas Customer Service

Originally posted by StarWars Collector@Dec 28 2005, 06:52 PM
MR starts shipping Standard Clone Helmet.... :)

Great News. Your order is ready to ship.
[snapback]1145430[/snapback]​

I just got notice my Shocktrooper is shipping too.

And despite not being an MR-do-no-wrong Lemming, I am VERY happy. It will look great on the shelf next to the 2224th-327th blend, and hopefully the Spec Ops will not be far behind.

The incorrect paint scheme is fact.

Saying the MR is incorrect in size is opinion and an uniformed one at that.
I stated earlier why these are small looking compared to Stormtrooper helmets, but some don't care to listen. Photos offered as evidence show troopers from the side with their heads turned which makes the body look thinner than it is exaggerating the size of the head.
I'm sure ILM knows quite well how big the clones are and maybe the guys are shorter than you think.

I've got nothing against White Commando but there were several times he tried to state that the MR sculpt is wrong in proportions and such and defended the fan made as "more accurate" an opinion rudoplht shared as well which simply isn't true.
BTW - WC nice boots.

I'm sure the MR would be a pain to troop in for most people. That's not the difference of opinion here. The fact that the public liked your fan made suit, you've met SW celebrities etc. also doesn't matter. I've complimented several Clonetroopers on their suits as well. I saw some great ones at San Diego this year. The fact that the MR is more accurate doesn't insult the fan mades one bit.

The fact the MR was very late is annoying, but matters much less to collectors than costumers. MR didn't take any money up front so I don't see any reason for anger, just annoyance.

Originally posted by lonepigeon@Dec 28 2005, 06:49 PM
The incorrect paint scheme is fact.

Saying the MR is incorrect in size is opinion and an uniformed one at that.
I stated earlier why these are small looking compared to Stormtrooper helmets, but some don't care to listen. Photos offered as evidence show troopers from the side with their heads turned which makes the body look thinner than it is exaggerating the size of the head.
I'm sure ILM knows quite well how big the clones are and maybe the guys are shorter than you think.

I've got nothing against White Commando but there were several times he tried to state that the MR sculpt is wrong in proportions and such and defended the fan made as "more accurate" an opinion rudoplht shared as well which simply isn't true.
BTW - WC nice boots.

I'm sure the MR would be a pain to troop in for most people. That's not the difference of opinion here. The fact that the public liked your fan made suit, you've met SW celebrities etc. also doesn't matter. I've complimented several Clonetroopers on their suits as well. I saw some great ones at San Diego this year. The fact that the MR is more accurate doesn't insult the fan mades one bit.

The fact the MR was very late is annoying, but matters much less to collectors than costumers. MR didn't take any money up front so I don't see any reason for anger, just annoyance.
[snapback]1145476[/snapback]​

Exactly.

Oh please no, not the Special Ops yet. Some of us don't have the money completely saved back up after Dragoncon. :lol

Ix-nay on the ecial Ops-spay.;)

I'm not looking forward to finding out that I definitely can't get this thing on my head. For the record.............I'm an 8 hat size, with a fat face, and I can put my "movie accurate" TK bucket on WITHOUT turning it sideways.;) A little creative trimming helped, though.

Originally posted by WhiteCommando@Dec 28 2005, 06:11 PM
In all honesty, I love T-rex. They are really so cool. Did you see that T-rex fight scene in King Kong? He whipped those dinosaurs A's pretty well. OK...back to topic.

[snapback]1145354[/snapback]​

Just so ya know, that wasn't a T-rex in King Kong... It was a totally made up animal that resembled a T-rex ;)

Originally posted by allosaur176+Dec 28 2005, 08:49 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(allosaur176 @ Dec 28 2005, 08:49 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-WhiteCommando
@Dec 28 2005, 06:11 PM
In all honesty, I love T-rex. They are really so cool. Did you see that T-rex fight scene in King Kong? He whipped those dinosaurs A's pretty well. OK...back to topic.

[snapback]1145354[/snapback]​

Just so ya know, that wasn't a T-rex in King Kong... It was a totally made up animal that resembled a T-rex ;)
[snapback]1145538[/snapback]​
[/b]

It was a V-rex... ;) To be exact... :D

Lynn

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back