Mr Black Drawing Giveaway

PredatrHuntr

Master Member
In the spirit of TMI who started the Pay it Forward years ago, I'd like to send someone my drawing of Mr Black. It's on 8 by 11 paper and was done with HB, 2H and 4H pencils. I will send just the drawing to save on shipping. The person who wins it can frame it, use it in your birdcage, or make a paper airplane out of it if you want.

I've never sold my drawings. It's just a hobby I enjoy doing in my spare time. I've given a number of my drawings away to members here as a token of my appreciation and saying thank you. Once I scan them in and have a copy on my hard drive I just stuff the drawing in a portfolio with all the others where it sits unseen.

So - onto the giveaway. It will end next week Wednesday evening when I pick the winner based on a complicated matrix of symbols and hieroglyphics that only I can understand and decipher. So in other words, I'll just randomly pick a winner! The only requirement: you must be a member on the Lair for at least 1 year. All you need to do to enter is post a reply in this thread. You don't have to put a reason why, but if you want to that's cool too. It's that simple.

Here is a picture of the drawing you will receive:
Mr_Black_June_2010_14.jpg

Mr_Black_June_2010_16.jpg

Mr_Black_June_2010_17.jpg

Mr_Black_June_2010_19.jpg

Since my drawings never scan in as dark as I'd like them, I have to darken them in photoshop. The only downside to that is that a fair amount of the fine detail is lost. When you get it in person you'll know what I mean.

Good luck to all that enter :)

cool beans jason! its about time for another "pay it forward" type thingy. ill have to look around and see if i have anything. not really putting myself in the drawing but i had to comment.

Great drawing!! I admit when i first saw the trailer and pictures for Predators, i really didn't like the way any of them looked. After watching the movie, i have changed my mind. Mr. Black was a bad mamma jamma..........
But anyway, i would not mind getting this.

Great JOB!!!

Pfff, who would want to have that in their livingroom?
That person must be out of their mind, and nerdy and a total wierdo and... and... totally desperate...

Pick me!!!

How generous of you J
I have tought of starting it again but got discouraged by how "the reciepients" handle their gifts.I know they can do whatever they want with them but if I was given even a piece of crap I would put it on my shelve ,even if it stinks just because it was given from the heart from another member.
even though I haven posted any of my pay it forward theres a few members that I have give some pred items in the same spirit of the PIF.
Hell just 2 days ago I gave away a Biohunter76 P2 bio!.
Let's just hope the new owner treasures it and we won't see it on ebay afterwards.
sorry for sounding bitter but I got put off the program by what I considered "misshandled goods"

Jason, I've yet to complete my coloring on this one, the scales make it all the more difficult to do right :D

Nice to give it away, and the level of blackness can be tamed through the photoshop levels (per channel, so R, then G and then B seems to work better than just the full RGB spectrum) by pressing Alt while dragging the outer two indicators. Slide till the right part of the drawing starts to shine through so less details get lost, and doing so per channel will give a nicely balanced drawing if you did it right. Takes some practice. Let me know if you need any help on future projects/scanning/editing Google on tutorials for clearer instructions if you like

the full 300 DPI version will be uploaded in your art topic when I finish it.

lol He looks better in this drawing then he did in the movie. But very good drawing. I don't have the talented or patience to draw something like that. If I won this is going the be hanging in my dorm when I go to college. So Jay...about our bad blood...

Holy crap Jason, is it me or have your Predator drawing skills increased two-fold since a few years ago?? WOW nice!!

How generous of you J
I have tought of starting it again but got discouraged by how "the reciepients" handle their gifts.I know they can do whatever they want with them but if I was given even a piece of crap I would put it on my shelve ,even if it stinks just because it was given from the heart from another member.
even though I haven posted any of my pay it forward theres a few members that I have give some pred items in the same spirit of the PIF.
Hell just 2 days ago I gave away a Biohunter76 P2 bio!.
Let's just hope the new owner treasures it and we won't see it on ebay afterwards.
sorry for sounding bitter but I got put off the program by what I considered "misshandled goods"

hmm i didnt have the same experience. Ice ended up with one of my Clyde casts and his girlfriend did a bangup job on the paint!

All I can say is WOW! The detail in that drawing is incredible. The image looks like it could almost walk right off of the paper. How long did this take you? Great work!

I WANT! I WANT! promise it won't end up an airplane, i'll frame that bitch!!

nice work buddy! excellent use of the different pencil shades

on top of being a super badass picture. (no pun intended:)

I don't keep track of the time I spend drawing. Half hour here, an hour there - all throughout a week or a few. It all depends on how much free time I have. An average drawing takes anywhere from 6-12 hours depending on he size and how much detail I put in. It would be more of a pain to keep track of time put in...it takes as long as it takes till its done

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back