MR '05 Vader Force FX vs real MPP?

I don't have a real MPP but I do have the working Replica that I assume is the correct dimensions

MR ESB Force FX on the left, Replica MPP in the middle & Hasbro removeable blade Force FX on the right

I believe that the Hasbro force FX is basically the same as the old MR one, size wise it's a little thicker

no idea if this helps at all :lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    734.8 KB · Views: 363
I remember having a gutted out Hasbro FX and I wanted to install a mpp bulb connector from saberkit.com...it wasn't fit into it.

Ok so the biggest difference I see in the 05 esb force fx is that it seems about a quarter inch thicker/longer.

And the 'wires' would need to be replaced/repainted.

Did I miss anything? Is the clamp/calculator button decent?

Here are pictures of a MR 2007 next to a real MPP . . . the diameter of the hilt of the MPP near the clamp is 3.8 cm and the MR 2007 hilt is 3.9 cm and is also about 0.5cm larger as can be seen in above picture. Also the endcap on the MR 2007 is slightly thicker but it's close to a real MPP. So there is some difference between my MR 2003 and 2007 of 1mm . . . the MR 2003 is 4.0 cm in diameter and those T-tracks are quite sticky now :lol

Chaim

Last edited:
Thanks for the pictures and responses guys!

Very helpful!

I guess the version 1 MR Vader is pretty screen accurate after all, give or a take a few cm here and there.

I just acquired an 05 MR Vader ESB on ebay for $74 shipped. Was this a good deal?

Last edited:
That's a steal ... trust me! Nowadays they go over $150 easy ... not including shipping ... I was lucky to score a 'defect' Hasbro Signature edition with a removable blade for €75 in person at an SW special shop in Amsterdam . . . and with the use of a little contact-spray . . . yep I got it working again . . . eventhough the emitter-cap, for when there's no blade attached, is missing alas . . . I'm still happy with that saber. So beware there are defect sabers that slipped through the quality-cheque in China :wacko

Chaim

Last edited:
Leave it as is! ... And just remove the nasty label stickers ... and use some goof-off or sticker-remover ... I like the weathering ... once you have it in your hands ... you'll reconsider all that you mentioned above ... and love the lights going up and down with sound FX :)

Chaim

Well the stickers are obvious..

I was leaning more towards leaving the shroud the way it is.

Coming from owning a few Ultrasabers, I can say the lights and sounds aren't really my thing anymore.

I will more than likely be removing the blade. If anyone has done this before, any tips?

Nothing it was too big when I remember right.I needed to use a dremel to sand the parts behind the ring smaller at the edges.The details on the top came perfect in the MR FX emitter.About the space...I think the MR inside is still under the MPP connector.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back