Movie sequels that instead of "2" should just be "again"

Hecubus114

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
And by this I mean sequels that, for all practical purposes, are just the original story happening again. A few off the top of my head would be:

Home Alone 2
Men in Black 2
Ghostbusters 2 (had a little more variance but the key plot elements were the same)

And although I havent seen it, I've heard The Hangover 2

Others?

If it aint broke dont fix it.

Some people complain that sequels were not similar enough to the originals, that they dont follow what made the originals great.

Haters gonna hate I guess.

If it aint broke dont fix it.

Some people complain that sequels were not similar enough to the originals, that they dont follow what made the originals great.

Haters gonna hate I guess.

I don't think it's that at all.

I love the Jason Bourne movies because I loved the concept and story of the first one and 2 and 3 were really more of the same. It was 'The Further Adventures of Jason Bourne' instead of Bourne 1: He kicks butt, Bourne 2: He takes up knitting.

On the other hand, I love all 6 Star Wars movies but the plot and action seemed very different from movie to movie, no 2 could be described as having 'basically the same plot as the last one'.

Having the same story does not make a sequel bad as long as the action is kept fresh and different and it's not too similar.

The only way Aliens could be more different would be by not having Ripley or the Aliens in them.

Terminator 2 I kinda agree with.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back