Movie Props From Westerns?

Ah. After I posted, I wondered if that's what you meant. We need to send you to the Sci-Fi museum in Seattle to smuggle in a camera.

Within a minute a security guard came in and gave me a good look. I wonder if the flash shows up on their video. A camera phone would be just as good, or better these days. The quality has really improved.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stormer @ Feb 23 2007, 09:54 PM) [snapback]1425375[/snapback]</div>
Anyone ever make props from any westerns? I am trying to make the gun from good the bad and the ugly and shane. if you have any prop from westerns pls post pics I would like to see them.
[/b]

Here's some items that I have.

TK

ponchodg1.jpg

holsterba9.jpg

revisedeastwood2006rogebd8.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiberius Kirk @ Mar 1 2007, 09:57 AM) [snapback]1429298[/snapback]</div>
[/b]
What, no bullet hole in the hat? :D

Seriously though, excellent outfit.

Where are all the pieces from and how do you like the Cimarron "Man With No Name"?

I've got a Colt Dragoon blued to look like Gus's (Robert Duvall) gun from Lonesome Dove. I'm not exactly sure what Tommy Lee Jones was using, but my goal is to do a nice shadowbox with their guns, badges, and pictures. Lonesome Dove is my all time favorite western...great movie.

-Corey

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Montagar @ Mar 1 2007, 11:39 AM) [snapback]1429322[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiberius Kirk @ Mar 1 2007, 09:57 AM) [snapback]1429298[/snapback]
[/b]
What, no bullet hole in the hat? :D

Seriously though, excellent outfit.

Where are all the pieces from and how do you like the Cimarron "Man With No Name"?
[/b][/quote]

Thanks for the kind words gentlemen.

Montagar, I helped design the Cimarron "Man With No Name" a few years ago. As for the Poncho in the pic, it came from ebay. I have others though. Some, homemade. The Gun Rig comes from the company that made them for Clint himself. I am the distributor for these.

The hat does have the bullet holes. Hard to see in the pic though.

TK

This thread needs more pictures of guns.

:)

prop%20shelves1.jpg

prop%20shelves2.jpg

3 of these are denix, the peacemaker with the wrapped grip is an MGC that fires plug fire caps. It was setup like that to be used in a short film called "Blood Ridge" that was never filmed.

The two in the background are old toys, solid cast metal except the cylinders, which spin on copper rods. These came to me all beat up like this, and I loved the way they looked so I didn't repaint them.

The cards are 1864 replicas I haven't weathered up yet. The whole deck is printed with weathering, but they all look brand new of course.

Most of the bullets are plug fire cap bullets, a few 44's in there too.

This is not the permanent home for these, I have holsters, a few hats, and some real "tin stars" that I want to incorporate into a bigger "old west" display when we move and I have a much bigger prop room/office.

:love

Roosters gun was in fact two guns..both the short barrel colt saa..if you look you can see the grips change colour from Orange ish to more yellow..his carbine was a 92 winchester and again two guns..one 20" barrel one 16" .. the short was for spinning and the standard for laying down fire..supposed to be the same rifle in the movie..this was not his stagecoach gun but a similar one..as for Doc Holliday , his shotgun at the corral was a meteor 10 guage ,in tombstone the movie he had a 20" barrel 12 guage marked "Victoria" ..in Wyatt earp quaid carried what looks like a lumis cut down 12 guage although IMFD says it's a Stevens 3 trigger but that's the gun Earp carried in Tombstone ..Oh, and I love the sabata derringer..

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back