Movie Deadpool Mask/Costume

thegbuddies

Hey guy's,

I have been working on a movie Deadpool mask for quite some time to no avail. I have been wanting to make a replica so spandex wont work i believe the materiel that it is made out of is red leather i have gotten a Styrofoam mannequin from Michel's and i will use that as a base to form the wet leather around BUT i don't know how to measure the right cuts to put the leather around the mannequin head another problem i have encountered was the black oval parts around his eyes i don't want them to be leather put i want them to have depth as well i was suggested to make them out of clay but it just ended up breaking and was really useless plz give me your thoughts and tips so i can make this bad boy (i will make the costume after)

Well my first tip would be to not use leather for the mask. Another guy on here (TestEagle) tried that and found out that you can't breathe in a leather mask. My other suggestion is to check out the few high resolution pictures. The black in the suit is leather but the red in the suit is some sort of textured fabric. On the mask, the black is likely urethane or some other similar material. As far as making a mask, there's a pattern here on the forums you can print out and trace. For the black portion, I'd recommend going to Etsy.com and looking for IllustraStudios. They sell a black face shell for $65. Also check out the YouTube channel of PropItLikeItsHot. He does a mask tutorial. With all that, you should wind up making a nice mask.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back