Moulding Question

TuaCathach

so i'm thinking of having ago at doing some sculpting and moulding myself.. lee has twisted my arm.... so i'm doing all the relevant due dilligance on it and trying to find the do's and don'ts..... one question i have and maybe it seems like an obvious and stupid one......

when i create my sculpt... i then make a cast of it so that i can use as my mould.... thats are is fine... here's where i'm confused... when i am pouring the latex into my mould how do i keep the mould hollow.....

basically if i pour into the mould will it not come out as one solid lump of latex..... how do i leave a hollow space for say my head to fit into the mask.....

pics if you can guys to show me..

thanks

On a high level: Pour it in, leave it for a bit... pour it out again and let it dry on the inside of the mould. Pour it in again, leave it for a bit, pour it out again... etc

or ........if you havent got enough latex to completly fill your mould......pour some in and sloosh it around untill all is covered.......then pour out the excess ....so you dont have any pooling.......allow to dry for a bit......then do the same again....repeat untill desired thickness is achieved.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back