Most affordable “screen accurate” Boba helmet?

Hecubus114

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Can someone give me some advice on the best source for a relatively “screen accurate” Boba Fett helmet? Meaning with all the quirks and blemishes. Wanting a raw kit I can finish/paint myself. I might just pick up one of the Hasbro variants, but if there is something comparable price-wise that is more accurate, I’d prefer that. Thanks!

Check out the dentedhelmet. Plenty of information. There are esb, rotj, mandolorian versions x2 and a new one for Bobf. I doubt you will get something similar price wise for Hasbro cost, but an extra $100 or little more should get you a raw resin helmet.

If you're looking for ESB, it's kind of complicated. RS Propmasters and Machine Craft Repicas make the most accurate lineage ROTJ Special Edition castings, but they're not cheap. You'd have to do a lot of work to convert it back to ESB.

You can buy a Wasted Fugly kit from Viva Fett, which is a cleaned up ESB casting derived from the Machine Craft helmet.

Minutefett is also selling a lineage casting derived from the Machine Craft helmet. He recently started selling an updated version that he touts as the most accurate ESB casting. But the issue of recasting complicates things here. His previous version was on par with the Wasted Fugly, but the lineage of his new helmet seems sketchy to me.

Pretty much everything else out there is fan sculpts.

I think the EFX PCR helmet is the best budget friendly option for a complete ESB helmet. Unfortunately it's plastic instead of fiberglass, but you do get aluminum ears. If you were to commission someone to accurately paint an ESB or ROTJ Fett helmet instead of doing it yourself, you'd be looking at about an additional $500 to $1000 depending on who you ask.

If you're looking for ESB, it's kind of complicated. RS Propmasters and Machine Craft Repicas make the most accurate lineage ROTJ Special Edition castings, but they're not cheap. You'd have to do a lot of work to convert it back to ESB.

You can buy a Wasted Fugly kit from Viva Fett, which is a cleaned up ESB casting derived from the Machine Craft helmet.

Minutefett is also selling a lineage casting derived from the Machine Craft helmet. He recently started selling an updated version that he touts as the most accurate ESB casting. But the issue of recasting complicates things here. His previous version was on par with the Wasted Fugly, but the lineage of his new helmet seems sketchy to me.

I think the EFX PCR helmet is the best budget friendly option for a complete ESB helmet. Unfortunately it's plastic instead of fiberglass, but you do get aluminum ears. If you were to commission someone to accurately paint an ESB or ROTJ Fett helmet instead of doing it yourself, you'd be looking at about an additional $500 to $1000 depending on who you ask.
This is the exact kind of info I was after. I'm all for painting one myself. Actually, that's what I'd prefer. I've done a repaint on a cheapo helmet years ago, that I thought turned out pretty nice. That got replaced by the Hasbro helmet, but now I'd like to have something another step up.

There are so many floating around on the internet, I 1) don't want to bother with something equally inaccurate, and 2) don't want to support a recaster.

Thanks for the input!

I always hate detouring people from the site, but like canister mentioned the dented helmet is the place to go for all boba related

If you haven’t checked it out you really should it’s an amazing source of info and reference

I have a cast I recently found out has lineage. It is a raw casting and I am more than willing to let it go for a reasonable price. It has just been sitting in the closet for a few years. I never did anything with it. I picked up the EFX helmet recently and for me and my collection that is good enough.

I always hate detouring people from the site, but like canister mentioned the dented helmet is the place to go for all boba related

If you haven’t checked it out you really should it’s an amazing source of info and reference
TDH is still under the RPF umbrella, right?

Aren't the lineage castings from RS Propmasters and Machine Craft Replicas sold out?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back