Announcement More minor changes.

You're doing search-and-replace stuff with the nearest equivalents? I'm just thinking there could be comments that will be left seeming inflammatory or nasty which originally weren't, if a smiley is removed altogether. I'm sure you are way ahead of me here.

Ugh... now I remember why I hate emoticons. It is all but impossible to find a good, clean set of them that includes everything we need, even with our pared down list...

You're doing search-and-replace stuff with the nearest equivalents? I'm just thinking there could be comments that will be left seeming inflammatory or nasty which originally weren't, if a smiley is removed altogether. I'm sure you are way ahead of me here.

Most are being replaced with nearest equivalent (which is why we have removed so many... there were one or two that had 4 emoticons for essentially the same emotion). We deleted a few outright, like the Star Wars emoticons... which surprisingly were used a lot less than I would have guessed.

Art, feel free to use any of these:

Overreaction:
majorreaction.gif

DOCTOR Evil:
drevil.gif

CSI: Miami:
csim.gif

BANNED!:
banned.gif

DUH!:
smiley744.gif

Bonk1:
smiley753.gif

Bonk2:
smiley426.gif

Bonk3:
smiley453.gif

HeadWall:
banghead_zps8adaea7b.gif

Big Laugh:
biglaugh_zps6209e7c1.gif

We're Not Worthy!:
bow_zps84c4a04f.gif

Catfight:
catfight_zps0b964f26.gif

Yeah, Right:
dodgy_zpsf4667cfa.gif

Drunk:
drunk_zps702c4832.gif

Hissy Fit:
hissyfit_zpse8bb388e.gif

BS:
icon_bs_zps1cac6546.gif

Minigun:
minigun_zps18746a36.gif

Excellent:
mischeif_zps48a6d1bd.gif

Rant1:
rant_zps0aa8cffb.gif

Rant2:
rant2_zps994577d2.gif

Razz:
razz_zpsf2e70e42.gif

Rimshot:
rimshot_zps3b1aa441.gif

We're waiting...:
toetap05_zps2f3b05e5.gif

Welcome:
Welcome_zps0144b8ef.gif

Worthless:
worthless_zpsf7e30a0f.gif

WHOO HOOOO!!!!:
yahoo_zps46517f0b.gif

I'm starting to see Warpig's point. :lol

Or there's this:

blah.gif

Please please can we never have anything resembling it. :lol

Art, feel free to use any of these:

Overreaction:
majorreaction.gif
CSI: Miami:
csim.gif
HeadWall:
banghead_zps8adaea7b.gif
We're Not Worthy!:
bow_zps84c4a04f.gif
Catfight:
catfight_zps0b964f26.gif
Yeah, Right:
dodgy_zpsf4667cfa.gif
Drunk:
drunk_zps702c4832.gif
Hissy Fit:
hissyfit_zpse8bb388e.gif
Minigun:
minigun_zps18746a36.gif
Rant2:
rant2_zps994577d2.gif
Razz:
razz_zpsf2e70e42.gif
Rimshot:
rimshot_zps3b1aa441.gif
Worthless:
worthless_zpsf7e30a0f.gif
WHOO HOOOO!!!!:
yahoo_zps46517f0b.gif

I could see the above being used extensively... :D

Overreaction every time a "we're changing..." post is made, Headwall for Iron Man threads, Not Worthy (I'd be using that a lot in people's build threads), Catfight, Hissyfit and Yeah, Right (I can think of at least two current threads that could use it), Worthless ('nuff said!) and the others for the OT forum.

2 cents

Alright. Need to make one more pass and eliminate one more emoticon and we will be done.

:popcorn :facepalm :behave :darnkids :) :D :( :cry :thumbsup :thumbsdown :angel :devil :unsure :lol

:eek :love :sick :rolleyes :sleep :confused :cool :angry :wacko :$ :ninja 2 cents :cheers :p ;)

Nice! :lol:lol:lol

So, for those who want a brief glimpse to see that we aren't doing something crazy... here is a comparison of two posts, one using our current default theme and one from the new look for the site. Note that while we are still technically using dark text on a light background, that we have knocked down the contrast considerably.

attachment.php
Liking the teaser of the new look and that avatar is hilarious. One thing though... grey on grey is not a good thing for those with diminished visual capabilities. The grey font color is just too visually close to the background color. A better option would be black text on the grey background. It's not as contrasty and strenuous as black on white, as it is now, but that grey on grey is going to be an issue, unless the text is darkened considerably.

Going to miss that blue crying emoticon. That was one of my favorites.

Alright. Need to make one more pass and eliminate one more emoticon and we will be done.

:popcorn :facepalm :behave :darnkids :) :D :( :cry :thumbsup :thumbsdown :angel :devil :unsure :lol

:eek :love :sick :rolleyes :sleep :confused :cool :angry :wacko :$ :ninja 2 cents :cheers :p ;)

Lose the popcorn. Without the guy eating it it looks silly.

Eliminate them all. The previous emoticons/smilies/whateveryouwannacallthem were unique and had character; the new ones suck fecal matter from a deceased Rhinoceros' backside.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back