Moonraker, RC yacht. Almost done!

Boxster

Tho not sci-fi but I think I post it here anyway. My other interest in scale/race RC planes and boats.

This is a scale model of the Mulder Design's yacht officially named Moonraker. Yes, there are Octopussy, Never Say Never Again, Tomorrow Never Dies... well, all the James Bond titles.

This model is 1.5 meter long (1470mm). 1/25 scale (Hey, almost SS.) :D

Its completely RC. It runs with 3 electric motors on individual water cooled ESC with another motor for the bow thruster. The jet drive are scaled Kamewa unit while the center unit is mainly for booster. In the real yacht, the middle engine is turbine.

There are lightings, exact numbers yet to be determined.

Works still in progress.

Moderators, if this thread is not deem suitable for this board. Kindly delete it, thanks.

B

Hey Rel, aww shucks man. Thanks. From you, it really meant something for me.

Apophis, it sure is but crap of a kit.

I thought I post something different for a change here. :D

B

:D Thanks, Apophis.

This sucka is not completed as yet. All wirings, servos, switches, esc, water pump, con-rods are almost set.

Will continue to add lightings and finish it up gluing all the other detailings when I return on Thursday.

B

Oh...my...god. This has got to be one of the best builds on the RPF, amazing work. It looks freaking real man.

Aww shucks. Thanks REL.

Pics of the this fella running on a pool will be shot when owner returns next week. A few more parts to go...

Thanks again for looking.

B

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back