Mondo Posters & General Poster Art Prints discussion

I have to agree that the secondary market is pretty rough. I have tried to sell a couple from my collection and I just can’t move them. And, no, I am not looking to make a profit or even break even. I am listing them way under what I paid. Heck, I have a Printers/artist proof Avengers one listed here in the Junk Yard and I dropped the price by about 50% of what I paid, but still nobody wants it. This market seems like the comic books of the 90’s... only going to be worth the price of the paper.

It's like any art or collectible, the really good ones sell quickly and command premiums on the secondary market, the majority have a hard time recovering the initial expense. The trick, as it is with everything else, is figuring out which ones are the really good ones.

I rarely buy with the expectation of reselling them at a later date for big money. I am after the things that I love and the art that captures them. I have also been focusing on a few artists, Sara Deck is my #1 favorite and I can't get enough of her art. So far I have done very well with her stuff as values go, however, as I said I'm not looking to sell.

The Artwork of Sara Deck

I have to agree that the secondary market is pretty rough. I have tried to sell a couple from my collection and I just can’t move them. And, no, I am not looking to make a profit or even break even. I am listing them way under what I paid. Heck, I have a Printers/artist proof Avengers one listed here in the Junk Yard and I dropped the price by about 50% of what I paid, but still nobody wants it. This market seems like the comic books of the 90’s... only going to be worth the price of the paper.

I just started in on the fun and exciting world of Mondo/Bottleneck/Grey Matter/HCG print collecting myself. A little late to the game, I know.

If anyone’s looking to off-load any prints... I might be interested. Just throwing that out there if someone’s thinking of an eBay listing in the near future. Like I said, I just started, and there’s a few properties that I enjoy collecting and would like to fill in with some older prints if I can find them

Just for my own personal info... is there anywhere online that people buy and trade these types of prints other than eBay? I’ve seen the espressobeans site, and heard of a Facebook group, but was curious if there are other options. I apologize if this may have been covered in an earlier post. I skimmed through pretty quickly.

No one has put any posters up lately. This one is not Mondo, but was done for Hero Gallery. I love The Howling, and this poster is a great example of what a modern artist can do with an older film.

howling.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back