Monarch Legacy Of Monsters

janglesworthy

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
MV5BNDk5MzYzZmYtOTFiZi00YmE2LWFjOGUtNjMyODgxNjZiYzRjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTEyMjM2NDc2._V1_FMjpg_UX1...jpg

Ep1-2 out now. If you like big budget tv shows with more holes than swiss cheese then this is the show for you.

I thought there was a thread about this already, but given the lack of coverage on other shows on Apple like Foundation (which has been excellent) and Severance, I'm not overly surprised.
My girlfriend and I will be watching the first episode tonight.
The trailer had promise, so hopefully the series lives up to expectations.

I hope this isn't one of those series where Godzilla is in the first episode for like a minute and then never seen again until the last episode. I mean I'm sure it's not just about Godzilla and that's cool. But I hope they actually use the well-known TOHO monsters as well as newer ones.

A pretty decent start.
The first two episodes were entertaining.
The ship out of water and dumped in the valley was a bit of a "mystery" cliche and they didn't really explain how it got there which almost felt like they went for a "because it looks cool" angle.
However given this series is produced by Matt Shakman and written by Chris Black and Matt Fraction, both quality storytellers, I shall give them the benefit of the doubt and it may also get explained in a future episode. But that was the only thing that stood out as an eye roll moment.

Giant monsters obsessed with catching something the size of a grain of rice to them is my favorite monster move. Why do monsters always have to be so crazed about eating/killing something too small to them?
Yeah, that always bugged me too. Why would even a small sized kaiju bother with humans, we'd be barely even a light snack for something the size of the original Gojira or larger. I'm not even sure that the largest of the carnivorous theropods like a T. rex, Spinosaurus, or Giganotosaurus would look at humans as a potential food source.

What I find just as, or even more bizarre is when some monster/critter, of any size, kill people just for the sake of killing them. Real animals just don't do this, it's a waste of energy to kill something purely for the sake of killing it. Very few animals go out of their way to attack and kill humans, or animals, simply for the sake of doing so. If It's not for predation, the only other time animals will kill is for defensive purposes, although some animals are much more defensive than others. Even venomous reptiles like snakes won't go out of their way to bite anything they can't or won't eat. This is why snakes have evolved things like rattles and hoods, this is if they feel threatened they can warn any potential threats off with biting and using venom being a last ditch measure.

What's this, Cephus actually likes something that was produced in the past 10 years?:)
Yeah, he does.; he just likes a cohesive story that doesn't have an agenda, good special effects and a decent cast. :)

On the note of the cast:
Wyatt Russell and Kurt Russell (son and dad in real life!) are both playing the same character, Lee Shaw. Wyatt plays him as a young man, while Kurt plays him at an older age.

Last edited:
Two in, so far so good. But some of the characters are complete opposite of caution when there are red flags everywhere. Sort of makes you not take them serious. Really? You gonna do that? really? because like... that's how people get perished.

Well, I subscribed for this show and have now canceled it. Didn’t need to be 10 episodes. Could have done it in 6.

Very little Godzilla. And I still don’t know why Godzilla was in the desert pretending to be a sand dune.

And a cliff hanger with Kong… why?

We’ve seen so few monsters in a show about monsters.

When season 2 is done I’ll subscribe for a month and binge it. It wasn’t a bad show, I was just expecting more.

Well, I subscribed for this show and have now canceled it. Didn’t need to be 10 episodes. Could have done it in 6.

Very little Godzilla. And I still don’t know why Godzilla was in the desert pretending to be a sand dune.

And a cliff hanger with Kong… why?

We’ve seen so few monsters in a show about monsters.

When season 2 is done I’ll subscribe for a month and binge it. It wasn’t a bad show, I was just expecting more.
It wasn't a show about monsters. It was a show about the people in Monarch. It's in the title. All of the Legendary movies are about people, with monsters as a backdrop. That's why Godzilla Minus One was better than all of that Hollywood crap combined.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back