Mold Type Questions

mechanical plan

So I'm working on a project, and I may have gone too far in a few places. I'm nearly at the stage where I can make a mold, and I'm at a bit of a loss. I've filled in a lot of the undercuts already, and I have some clean up to do, but I'm essentially done. Original it was going to be a plaster mold for a latex mask. I'm looking at this thing now and I don't know if that is going to work.

Should I try silicone instead? I know latex doesn't cure in silicone, so that makes everything that much more time consuming or exspensive. Are there areas I can reduce to make this work with plaster? Any help is appreciated at this point. I'm terrified to make this mold!
IMG_20210710_143357.jpg

Hi
Nice sculpt concept. I like these kind of creatures.
I can see some parts that could be an issue. More pics from different points of view will help to see more clearly.
I do see there is a "hole" that goes from side to side, under the upper jaw. Where the first "arm of fangs" (don´t know how to call it) comes out. That could be an issue.
Have you used any kind of armature or structure to hold the most prominent parts?. I can see it´s all sculpted on a mask manequin, but just to know if there´s anything else there that could give problems when opening the mold for the first time with the clay inside.

Hi
Nice sculpt concept. I like these kind of creatures.
I can see some parts that could be an issue. More pics from different points of view will help to see more clearly.
I do see there is a "hole" that goes from side to side, under the upper jaw. Where the first "arm of fangs" (don´t know how to call it) comes out. That could be an issue.
Have you used any kind of armature or structure to hold the most prominent parts?. I can see it´s all sculpted on a mask manequin, but just to know if there´s anything else there that could give problems when opening the mold for the first time with the clay inside.
IMG_20210709_171639.jpg
IMG_20210712_174233.jpg

Aside from the head form, there is foil supporting the top skull, and cardboard supporting the wolf. The upper and lower teeth, as well as under the large skull are filled in now, better than they were anyway. I'm thinking I'm going to tear out the wolf's teeth to do separately. Perhaps a three part mold? One piece in back, two for the front? I'm not sure.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back