Moebius Interstellar Ranger

thepoynt

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just wrapped up this kit this last weekend and thought I'd share. Still pretty new to model making, but pretty happy with how it turned out. Also glad I was simply able to get my hands on the kit, it's sold out just about everywhere...

Aide from manually cutting out the windows and some general clean up of some sloppy injection artifacts, it went together pretty smoothly.

Also I totally copied the display base idea from Hedonist Farmer's build from a couple years back. Made from floral foam and wood, meant to look like the "surface" of the ice world.

PSX_20181104_193635.jpg

20181104_161307.jpg

20181104_161404.jpg

IMG_20181108_195602.jpg

I used a Dremel and then an xacto and a file to cut out the windows:
20181024_220656.jpg

20181029_204622.jpg

Starting the weathering:
20181101_081746.jpg

Putting in the windows. Just used a piece of clear plastic and spray painted the inside black.
20181103_144708.jpg

20181103_194740.jpg

Last edited:
Hey you found one!
Nice work, really good paint job.

Yep! Still paid a bit more than I would have liked, buuuut I really wanted it ;). Thanks!
I actually still *might* have a lead on a second, I'm gonna call the guy today.

Wow! that is excellent

I've really wanted one of these, but I missed the boat. They were around so long for cheap then all of a sudden seemed to double or triple in price overnight

I learned my lesson not to wait for stuff

Beautiful job.

I have this on my to do list this year. What’s driving me crazy is I want to do an interior but can’t find any drawings. I have seen a couple of scratch builds that were good but I am wanting to get as close as possible allowing for scale problems.

Thanks! Yeah, that would be interesting. I don't remember seeing any good references during my research, but I was only looking at exterior stuff.

I feel like most of the interior is shown in the movie (mostly on the water planet), so I think you should be able to reconstruct most of it. I'd love to see what you come up with, if you go for it!

What a great build! Really authentic weathering. Seeing what a great job you’ve done, and how cool it looks built up, makes me wish I had one of these kits in my stash too!

That is one of the nicest builds I have seen of this kit- the weathering is subtle and windows have depth. I also love your base- alien but not distracting. Very well done!

Fantastic job

Do you know if this can be built with the landing gear retracted?

If not do you think it would be hard to customize that?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back