Moebius Battlestar Galactica. The old one!

Folks, Mr. srspicer in particular, didn't y'all say this Moebius is a direct copy of the one Timeslip Creations put out years ago? If so, it is being released again and they say the detail, although the same as this kit, is crisper/sharper. Did any y'all know about this?

I know they used my masters as either a visual & dimensional guide or a direct scan. Haven't heard anything about this. Re-issuing the kit requires a huge demand for the kit. I don't think it's out there. The only way to get 'crisper' detail is to re-design the kit with tons of separate parts.

I know they used my masters as either a visual & dimensional guide or a direct scan. Haven't heard anything about this. Re-issuing the kit requires a huge demand for the kit. I don't think it's out there. The only way to get 'crisper' detail is to re-design the kit with tons of separate parts.

George is absolutely letting a few more out Mr. Spicer. No EXTRA details, just I've been told they are sharper than they ended up on the Moebius?

Here it is from a post he made on bookface:

TimeSlip Creations

It's BACK!!! For a limited time the TOS Battlestar Galactica resin kit is for sale! This is the kit that started it all! Since we are not going to Wonderfest shipping is FREE (in the USA)! Kit cost is $185. This price is only good till the end of Wonderfest, then it will go back to full retail. Don't miss out! Paypal is timeslipcreations@yahoo.com Finished kit is 17.5 inches long. This is a full resin kit with decals. The head and rear sections are hollow cast.

This is the original resin kit, that is why the details are sharper. Rubber molds allow for that. There must have been an expiration on the time limit for this re-release of his kit, from when Moebius started their runs. I'm sure Timeslip was payed a decent sum to keep from producing their kit and for use of the master.

This is the original resin kit, that is why the details are sharper. Rubber molds allow for that. There must have been an expiration on the time limit for this re-release of his kit, from when Moebius started their runs. I'm sure Timeslip was payed a decent sum to keep from producing their kit and for use of the master.

I have to imagine that Moebius' license for Battlestar has expired, but that's just a guess.

No all we need to do is, get the Salzo kit back in production. ;)

Last edited:
June 5th is the deadline to order

Attachments

• Wonderfest.JPG
    Wonderfest.JPG
    195.4 KB · Views: 57
Alright, we're all in agreement! Y'all all grab one and join in here with me.

I'll wait for y'all to catch up with me and we'll simply have a ball building this.

Together.

Like, Fred and Ginger...

Lester and Earl...

So, I actually have a Moebius Galactica on its way, if USPS would actually deliver it. :mad:
But I have other stuff I am working on.

Attachments

• 20200814_153109.jpg
    20200814_153109.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 87
  • 20200814_164208.jpg
    20200814_164208.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 83
  • 20200921_220329.jpg
    20200921_220329.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 71
  • 20201105_190728.jpg
    20201105_190728.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 74
  • 20211103_204213.jpg
    20211103_204213.jpg
    981.3 KB · Views: 77
So, I actually have a Moebius Galactica on its way, if USPS would actually deliver it. :mad:

ON THE WAY????? You paid them big dollars for this thing????

Oh...

The humanity. A man with more money than he knows what to do with.

Well, since you did buy one and you about to get it, I'll have to apologize.

I'm sorry you'll have to put what you just showed (excellent, by the way) in a closet or somewhere 'cause once the old Gal gets there, you'll be too busy for that.

AND DON'T LIE and say "I ain't got it yet". We'll know you ain't tellin' the truth and they won't be no excuses.

It's not my fault you announced you was gettin' one, so don't blame me. All I did was bring it up in front of everybody. If that was a secret you shoulda said so.

That is reminiscent of one of Ming's fighters, from Filmation's, Flash Gordon series.

FlashToon_03.jpg

Last edited:
ON THE WAY????? You paid them big dollars for this thing????

Oh...

The humanity. A man with more money than he knows what to do with.

Well, since you did buy one and you about to get it, I'll have to apologize.

I'm sorry you'll have to put what you just showed (excellent, by the way) in a closet or somewhere 'cause once the old Gal gets there, you'll be too busy for that.

AND DON'T LIE and say "I ain't got it yet". We'll know you ain't tellin' the truth and they won't be no excuses.

It's not my fault you announced you was gettin' one, so don't blame me. All I did was bring it up in front of everybody. If that was a secret you shoulda said so.

No, seriously, I paid for it, it took SIX DAYS to get the model within 100 miles from my home, then the USPS shipped it BACK, across the country, in less than a day!

Like a Monopoly "Go To Jail" card

I called USPS and they said they have til the 30th to deliver, but no explanation as to why they shipped it back.

And, not to brag, but my Moebius Galactica comes with drink holders.

Yeah Buddy!

Stop being jealous.

64 oz Big Gulp holders for the crew.

I wont hafta buy the Monogram M95 kit parts to add the drink holders. Also, the 8 -track players in my Battle...

*CLICK!! MOVE TO NEXT TRACK*

Battlestar will be completely functional and

In ster- -eo.

edge 10,

Nexus ship is the one he took to the bowl-shaped universe. Of couse, as soon as I started working on it, Steve Rude changed Nexus' ship to have 4 wings...er, stabilizers in the back.

How did he know?!?! He hates me! Gourmando is so not-Galactus!

I love that the wings cut out of 1/8 inch aluminum resonate when flicked, like a tuning fork! I printed the ship drawing and used it as a template, and it is musical!

I cast it in Smooth Cast 65 D for the body and Smooth Cast 335 for the clear cockpit canopy.

Alas, no drink holder, but I did add the round table.

Attachments

• 20220405_140629.jpg
    20220405_140629.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 54
And, not to brag, but my Moebius Galactica comes with drink holders.

Too late, ya' done it already. It may have not been bragging, but I certainly detect a trend.

Stop being jealous.

Not jealous AT ALL! I've always wanted to find one of us modelers who had money to burn! Now, I won't have to listen to any excuses when I... a standard broke modeler... hit you up for money. I know ya' got it and I know ya' got extra. We won't even have to call it a "loan".

;)

All seriousness aside, I'm glad you picked up one and you are certainly welcome to join me. If you start your own thread, chunk the link up in here. I can pick at you in your own thread just as good as I can here!

Too late, ya' done it already. It may have not been bragging, but I certainly detect a trend.

Not jealous AT ALL! I've always wanted to find one of us modelers who had money to burn! Now, I won't have to listen to any excuses when I... a standard broke modeler... hit you up for money. I know ya' got it and I know ya' got extra. We won't even have to call it a "loan".

;)

All seriousness aside, I'm glad you picked up one and you are certainly welcome to join me. If you start your own thread, chunk the link up in here. I can pick at you in your own thread just as good as I can here!

So, you are okay with me putting our Scarlett Witch, black-on-clear silicone tiaras on hold for this? No, "I'm a little bit Country, I'm a little bit rock-roll," purple sock medley of Ray Stevens and Jim Stafford songs until after I complete my yet-to-be-received Moebius Battlestar with drink holders?

This could get awkward

Attachments

• 20220520_123823.jpg
    20220520_123823.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 51
  • 20220520_143022.jpg
    20220520_143022.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 69
OOOOOOOhhhh no sir. Far be it from me to stick my nose in where it don't belong. Anyway, you're gonna look nice wearing those anyway.

So, you are okay with me putting our Scarlett Witch, black-on-clear silicone tiaras on hold for this? No, "I'm a little bit Country, I'm a little bit rock-roll," purple sock medley of Ray Stevens and Jim Stafford songs until after I complete my yet-to-be-received Moebius Battlestar with drink holders?

This could get awkward
I'll get out my Bic Lighter, when you do Spiders and Snakes!

I don't know where to find something that small, but this place is good:

It's hard to imagine you will be able to make a hole smaller than 0.25mm, but hey, you have done some amazing things, so far!

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back