Moebius Battlestar Galactica. The old one!

Do-hickey it up? I wish you would stop using technical terms, so us mere mortals can understand what you are saying!

Technical term? Pish-tosh. You ain't gone catch me using no "technical terms". Look back amoungst all us's talkin' so far. You honestly believe I got them kinda terms even in my house? It can all be summed up with "Cause where I come from, it's cornbread and chicken". I'm eatin' Chicken and dumplin's RIGHT NOW. Don't throw words like "technical" at me.

How in the world did you cleanly remove those 8 Rad parts?

I told ya' At the cost of a thumb. Worse yet, gotta nother'n on the other side just ITCHIN' to get that thumb again. If I get into it on this next one, y'all WILL get a picture. Film at 11.

How in the world did you cleanly remove those 8 Rad parts?

Ok, since I guess you ain't gone shut up about it until I show you, jeez, nag-nag-nag...

Nothin' really. Old fashioned dig in with some chisel pointed X-acto's.
DSCN0342.jpg
DSCN0343.jpg

On something like this where I need to be conscience of how much to take off, I generally put me a "Don't go lower than here, dummy" line/reference mark, as thus-eth.

DSCN0344.jpg

;)

Rob.

Alright, how did you think I did it? I may actually LOVE your idea better? I may act
like a know it all, but that's just for show.

Actually, I had no idea. The way you did it, makes perfect sense, but magic is easy, once you know the secret.

I started to say it was magic, but I didn't think you used that too and decided to lie and say "old fashioned X-acto". A modeler of your caliber knew "magic" was the true answer though.

I started to say it was magic, but I didn't think you used that too and decided to lie and say "old fashioned X-acto". A modeler of your caliber knew "magic" was the true answer though.
My caliber is pretty much a pea shooter. I enjoy it, but the only thing I stink worse at than model making is photography.

Well, both down and no battle scars on this one... yet. Seems to have worked out alright, but I did end up removing the two littel pipes that were attached. Not because I needed them outta the way to scrape it all down, but they need to be upgraded anyway. There's two on the model and three on the studio Galactica, so I want to put back three.
DSCN0345.jpg

It's hard to see here, but just the ever so faintest hint of that reference "Watch what you're doing so you don't go too far gorilla hands" pencil line is still there.

DSCN0346.jpg

Next update SHOULD be with the new pieces added, so y'all stay tuned.

Rob.

Well, it is what it is. I think it's an improvement.

Old ones completely off.

DSCN0345.jpg

New ones on.

DSCN0347.jpg

DSCN0348.jpg

Just to check at this stage, you know, WAY too late to fix it, I decided to at the whatchamacallits... oh crap, I just lost edge10 again... added the appropriate pieces from the kit that go along the sides of these pieces and it's definitely an improvement?

DSCN0349.jpg

DSCN0350.jpg

I was a little afraid that the detailing chips of styrene would stand out too much at this scale, but they actually seem ok? Thinned down some .010 sheet just a smidge and it seems to be alright.

DSCN0351.jpg

After putting those pieces along the sides to check, them babies is gonna need some help too huh?

Rob.

Yes, definitely an improvement

It sucks you had to make a blood sacrifice with your thumb to the modeling God

Man, t'weren't nuthin'. Who needs two thumbs anyhow. I certainly didn't want it as mangled as it was. Anyway, all it did was slow me down on this typing. Now, I can only use one thumb where as I was using both, but when I try now with the nub, here's what I get... sedsdxs, wdfdda ioio mnnwewsan:"L??>. That was suppose to be "See what I mean?", but as demonstrated, she don't work so good for that no more.

Really, think nuthin' of wytte. Of it, I mean. I forgot.

Ok, edge, if you liked that other one, you gone LOVE this. This one was a little trickier.

DSCN0352.jpg

Be doin' a smidge in that area. I don't know if I can copy the original on this one, but something better maybe.

IMG_20200313_171620387a.jpg

Man, t'weren't nuthin'. Who needs two thumbs anyhow. I certainly didn't want it as mangled as it was. Anyway, all it did was slow me down on this typing. Now, I can only use one thumb where as I was using both, but when I try now with the nub, here's what I get... sedsdxs, wdfdda ioio mnnwewsan:"L??>. That was suppose to be "See what I mean?", but as demonstrated, she don't work so good for that no more.

Really, think nuthin' of wytte. Of it, I mean. I forgot.

Ok, edge, if you liked that other one, you gone LOVE this. This one was a little trickier.

View attachment 1535272

Be doin' a smidge in that area. I don't know if I can copy the original on this one, but something better maybe.

View attachment 1535275
accuse the hunchback of notre dame GIF

One thing that don't fit me no more is, "He's all thumbs!" Now, I'm thumb'na half. I can either give you a "thumbs up", or 1-1/2 thumbs. Still means the same thing though.

Something similar to this X-ray I had taken.
Thumb.jpg

But honestly, it's fine.

Here's what I was able to do with what I mentioned earlier. Not the greatest, but it does improve it to me.
DSCN0354.jpg

Added some pipes and such and that new piece is just a maze of chips and stuff. I did get the three pipes back on top where the two was and that came out ok.

DSCN0356.jpg

Here's a different view to check the look.

DSCN0357.jpg

Man I hope primer don't cover all this up and makes it show better.

Rob.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back