Moebius Battlestar Galactica. The old one!

At this point, I backed up a little toward the front. That gun battery at the rear of the head section needed some attention.

Thank you Invar! Ok, I'll wait for you to grab another one and join in! I plan on lighting this one and that will be a first for me.
Uhhhhhh..... given the cost of these kits now on the secondary market since they are currently out of production, you may be waiting forever for me to join in. The one I built years ago when I was just getting back into the Hobby since the mid-80s is the only one I will have.

I've learned a lot since I did this one. But - it's not too bad for airbrushed engines and laser-printed landing bays.

MyGalacticaFR.jpgMyGalactica-rear.jpgMyGalacticaLB.jpgPE Landing bay.jpg

How did you remove the domes? Very clean work.

Yikes, yes they have gone up in price. Glad I picked up 3 when they first came out!

How did you remove the domes? Very clean work.

Yikes, yes they have gone up in price. Glad I picked up 3 when they first came out!
Ringed out alot of it from the back first, Mr. edge. Then just X-Acto pointed it from the top after it was thinner from the back.

Mr. edge, jump on in here with one! I've about talked Mr. INVAR into picking up another one and we can all gang up on this thing!

No listings at all on Amazon. $329 plus $25 shipping on Ebay.

Tends to happen to stuff out of production that there is still interest in.

But for that price I would rather get a Bandai PG Falcon.

No listings at all on Amazon. $329 plus $25 shipping on Ebay.

Tends to happen to stuff out of production that there is still interest in.

But for that price I would rather get a Bandai PG Falcon.
Yes sir, that's certainly a chunk! It's also kinda ridiculous. This was only $35 plus $10 shipping when this came out. I bought 2 at the same time from the seller, so that $10 was for both. Bought 'em off ebay at the time. Ok, I'll cut you some slack for $329. I would only buy one if'n I was you. Don't get crazy.

;)

Excellent work!

I have one of these that I started, I was trying to redo the bridge with Tony RR/308 bits bridge from shapeways

but after lookin at a bunch of ref kind of stalled. It seems like there are so many differences you almost have to scrap the whole area and do it from scratch. I was amazed at how much was actually wrong with it

I was expecting a bit more of an out of the box build

Maybe this is the inspiration I need to get back with it

I also printed out some in scale rag tag fleet members (as far as I can tell based on the ships sizes I could find)

If interested I can post the link to the source files I found

Last edited:
Thank you sir! It's one of the reasons I've kept mine in the box this long. I like the Galactica, always wanted to do it justice and knew there would be alot to change. One of the MAJOR things with this kit is, it's based off the Galactica years after the series when a pile of bits had fell off and I want a "seen-on-screen" Galactica. This is gonna hafta end up somewhere in between, but I still don't wanna always look at it and say... "That ain't right".

EDIT: Once again, Analyzer, if you're a Ma'am, I apologize.

Last edited:
I have one of these that I started, I was trying to redo the bridge with Tony RR/308 bits bridge from shapeways

but after lookin at a bunch of ref kind of stalled. It seems like there are so many differences you almost have to scrap the whole area and do it from scratch. I was amazed at how much was actually wrong with it

I was expecting a bit more of an out of the box build

I will just say that despite the 'flaws', the Moebius kit is LIGHT YEARS ahead of and better detailed than the old Monogram kit was that I built in 1980. That kit put the old MPC Falcon to shame in terms of how plain, wrong and stupid it was. But.... it's all there was back then if you wanted a model of the ship from the TV show.

I will just say that despite the 'flaws', the Moebius kit is LIGHT YEARS ahead of and better detailed than the old Monogram kit was that I built in 1980. That kit put the old MPC Falcon to shame in terms of how plain, wrong and stupid it was. But.... it's all there was back then if you wanted a model of the ship from the TV show.
Yeah, I have that one in my stash. I got it for free from someone who never built it

Totally agree. I built one years ago, using upgrades from Tony aka '308 Bits', and it is the model that catches my eye, and makes me smile, the most!

I hope to do better with the 2 remaining kits I have.

I tried to find the pictures of my Battlestar Solaria, but can't seem to find them on the RPF.

Looking forward to your progress Eagle-1 ... meanwhile here's where I am with my restauration/upgrade of an old Monogram Battlestar Galactica model :

BSG-01.jpg

BSG-09.jpg

BSG-08.jpg

Eventhough it's not as accurate as the Moebius kit, which is beyond my reach now, ... it too puts a smile on my face when looking at this magnificent spaceship :)

Chaïm

Looking forward to your progress Eagle-1... meanwhile here's where I am with my restauration/upgrade of an old Monogram Battlestar Galactica model :
Eventhough it's not as accurate as the Moebius kit, which is beyond my reach now, ... it too puts a smile on my face when looking at this magnificent spaceship :)

Chaïm
Why, Thank you!

You're doing a fine job Sym-Cha. It looks like a Galactica and that'll be enough until you pick up a Moebius for, oh, I don't know, $500.00. I agree though, that would certainly be outta my reach too. Wouldn't give that for it even if I could.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back