MOEBIUS '2001' POD with 1/8" SCALE FIGURE

ajamodels

Hi folks - Adam here again.
I decided to see how a 1/8" scale figure would fit inside the Pod. The folks at Pegasus/Moebius want to make sure of this!
So here is the research: Keir Dullea is 6' 1' tall. So at 1/8th scale, he would be (just over) 9.1" tall. With boots and helmet, he would be about 9.37" tall.
I did a detailed search for 1/8th scale figures that had fully poseable joints and be anatomically correct. I found the Playmates Star trek line of figures from 1994 was quite accurate.
I bought the 'Captain Picard' figure from ebay and upon arrival, I measured it. I was VERY surprised that it was 9.1" tall !
After taping together the internal pieces of the Pod, I placed the figure inside and am again VERY pleased that everything fit exactly as expected.
I include photos that show similarities. Please note the interior photos from the film were taken with a Nikon 25mm semi-wide angle lens. My lens is a straight 50mm.
I am most pleased that (the last photo), there is plenty of room above his head for the helmet. The figure also fits through the rear door with NO problems and falls right in place with ease.

Sincerely,
Adam J
Author, 2001: The Lost Science.
R+D for Moebius '2001' EVA Pod model.

Attachments

• podInteriorComparison.jpg
    podInteriorComparison.jpg
    1,006.3 KB · Views: 368
  • podInteriorComparison2.jpg
    podInteriorComparison2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 339
  • podInteriorComparison3.jpg
    podInteriorComparison3.jpg
    703.9 KB · Views: 316
  • podInteriorComparison4.jpg
    podInteriorComparison4.jpg
    1,006.4 KB · Views: 328
  • Picard_in_Pod (7).JPG
    Picard_in_Pod (7).JPG
    654.9 KB · Views: 335
  • Picard_in_Pod (9).JPG
    Picard_in_Pod (9).JPG
    639.4 KB · Views: 322
Hi folks - Adam here again.
I decided to see how a 1/8" scale figure would fit inside the Pod. The folks at Pegasus/Moebius want to make sure of this!
So here is the research: Keir Dullea is 6' 1' tall. So at 1/8th scale, he would be (just over) 9.1" tall. With boots and helmet, he would be about 9.37" tall.
I did a detailed search for 1/8th scale figures that had fully poseable joints and be anatomically correct. I found the Playmates Star trek line of figures from 1994 was quite accurate.
I bought the 'Captain Picard' figure from ebay and upon arrival, I measured it. I was VERY surprised that it was 9.1" tall !
After taping together the internal pieces of the Pod, I placed the figure inside and am again VERY pleased that everything fit exactly as expected.
I include photos that show similarities. Please note the interior photos from the film were taken with a Nikon 25mm semi-wide angle lens. My lens is a straight 50mm.
I am most pleased that (the last photo), there is plenty of room above his head for the helmet. The figure also fits through the rear door with NO problems and falls right in place with ease.

Sincerely,
Adam J
Author, 2001: The Lost Science.
R+D for Moebius '2001' EVA Pod model.
You are crossing the streams, but I approve. You are right this does look like a good match.

Wow, I'm pleasantly surprised at this since there was some grumbling about the interior and exterior being at different scales. Seems like a pilot inclusion is quite workable!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back