Modified Space Above and Beyond Helmet??

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by Art Andrews, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Art Andrews

Art Andrews Community Owner Community Staff

I saw a "Business 2.0" magazine the other day and took this quick snapshot with my camera phone. I thought this was an SAAB helmet but when I got home, I noticed that while the basic idea is SAAB, there are differences. Anyone know the story on this helmet? Is is a modified SAAB? I have heard the SAAB helmets were scratch built but was wondering if this is not a modified helmet, could this be the helmet the SAAB was modelled after... just curious.

[​IMG]

2. FXGuy

FXGuy New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Brak's Buddy @ Mar 4 2006, 12:57 PM) [snapback]1198678[/snapback]</div>
    Sorry Amigo- I personally couldn't get the site [link] to work for me [darn work computer] so I'll investigate this from home...

I'm desperate to find plans or even a kit of this particular helmet- it's one of my favorites [Firefox is next- can't spare the "buckage" for a $2400 HGU-20P... :cry ]

The SAAB helmets in many ways remind me of the HGU-20P which a VietNam era test product [not many made and the majority of pilots seemed to really dislike them...] and in-turn then remind me of the Mitchell Gant black helmet from the film...

I personally know our esteemed member William and I'm doing my best not to kiss his Nikes in th hopes he'll be able to find a work-around for the bead-blasting helmet he discovered. I'd luuuurve to have a couple of these for my own collection.

FX

3. Gigatron

Gigatron Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FXGuy @ Mar 7 2007, 08:03 PM) [snapback]1433974[/snapback]</div>
    Sorry Amigo- I personally couldn't get the site [link] to work for me [darn work computer] so I'll investigate this from home...

FX
    [/b][/quote]

This is just a guess, but I'm guessing it's because the original thread is over a year old ;) B)

-Fred

4. FXGuy

FXGuy New Member

DOH...

:unsure "Ye Olde Farte" here...

:$ My apologies for bringing this Zombie back to life...

:cry Still want a SAAB helmet or at least the plans...

5. Eric Ardros

Eric Ardros Sr Member

That'd be awesome. I always really enjoyed that show myself... have all the episodes (for as short a time it was actually on the air *sigh*)... been wanting to get some of the props from it for a while (so far, all I have is a garage kit of the Hammerhead Fighter)... :)

6. BOBATAFF

BOBATAFF Well-Known Member

i would also love a helmet from saab

maybe we can convince one of the members here who has one to lets say reproduce it

jay

7. Hangar18Studios

Hangar18Studios Well-Known Member

I've got an original S:AAB helmet that I pulled molds off of quite some time ago. I've made quite a few of them in my past.
    Scott

8. BOBATAFF

BOBATAFF Well-Known Member

hi scott

do us all a favour mate and offer them again

jay

9. Linnear

Linnear Well-Known Member

I second that. I loved SAAB. I bought the DVD's a few months ago and devoured them.

Alec

10. gonk27

gonk27 Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Linnear @ Mar 9 2007, 09:57 PM) [snapback]1436033[/snapback]</div>
    You ate them? .. Oh my no you shouldn't have done that.

:p

11. Tatooine_Todd

Tatooine_Todd Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BOBATAFF @ Mar 9 2007, 07:02 AM) [snapback]1435496[/snapback]</div>
    Thermalized plastics still offers them. I've purchased stuff from them before, its all top-notch.

Thermalized Plastics

12. GoldCylon1

GoldCylon1 Well-Known Member

One of the helmets sold on the iPay though the nose listing rate (eBay) for $1025
    [​IMG]