Modified Space Above and Beyond Helmet??

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
I saw a "Business 2.0" magazine the other day and took this quick snapshot with my camera phone. I thought this was an SAAB helmet but when I got home, I noticed that while the basic idea is SAAB, there are differences. Anyone know the story on this helmet? Is is a modified SAAB? I have heard the SAAB helmets were scratch built but was wondering if this is not a modified helmet, could this be the helmet the SAAB was modelled after... just curious.

saab_helmet.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Brak's Buddy @ Mar 4 2006, 12:57 PM) [snapback]1198678[/snapback]</div>
I saw a "Business 2.0" magazine the other day and took this quick snapshot with my camera phone. I thought this was an SAAB helmet but when I got home, I noticed that while the basic idea is SAAB, there are differences. Anyone know the story on this helmet? Is is a modified SAAB? I have heard the SAAB helmets were scratch built but was wondering if this is not a modified helmet, could this be the helmet the SAAB was modelled after... just curious.

saab_helmet.jpg

[/b]

Sorry Amigo- I personally couldn't get the site [link] to work for me [darn work computer] so I'll investigate this from home...

I'm desperate to find plans or even a kit of this particular helmet- it's one of my favorites [Firefox is next- can't spare the "buckage" for a $2400 HGU-20P... :cry ]

The SAAB helmets in many ways remind me of the HGU-20P which a VietNam era test product [not many made and the majority of pilots seemed to really dislike them...] and in-turn then remind me of the Mitchell Gant black helmet from the film...

I personally know our esteemed member William and I'm doing my best not to kiss his Nikes in th hopes he'll be able to find a work-around for the bead-blasting helmet he discovered. I'd luuuurve to have a couple of these for my own collection.

FX

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FXGuy @ Mar 7 2007, 08:03 PM) [snapback]1433974[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Brak's Buddy @ Mar 4 2006, 12:57 PM) [snapback]1198678[/snapback]

saab_helmet.jpg

[/b]

Sorry Amigo- I personally couldn't get the site [link] to work for me [darn work computer] so I'll investigate this from home...

FX
[/b][/quote]

This is just a guess, but I'm guessing it's because the original thread is over a year old ;) B)

-Fred

DOH...

:unsure "Ye Olde Farte" here...

:$ My apologies for bringing this Zombie back to life...

:cry Still want a SAAB helmet or at least the plans...

That'd be awesome. I always really enjoyed that show myself... have all the episodes (for as short a time it was actually on the air *sigh*)... been wanting to get some of the props from it for a while (so far, all I have is a garage kit of the Hammerhead Fighter)... :)

i would also love a helmet from saab

maybe we can convince one of the members here who has one to lets say reproduce it

jay

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Linnear @ Mar 9 2007, 09:57 PM) [snapback]1436033[/snapback]</div>
I second that. I loved SAAB. I bought the DVD's a few months ago and devoured them.

Alec
[/b]

You ate them? .. Oh my no you shouldn't have done that.

:p

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back