Modelling ornithopter from Dune 2021 - build log

soswow

Day 36​

Started on the backside landing legs. Foot left to do. I am excited for the ramp to be complete soon. The next step will be wings. can't wait.
day36-result.jpg

Happy new year everyone!

aussieklutz

Awesome work. I loved this harkening back to the ornithopter design from dune 1. A lot of design prompts seem to be callbacks, like the cockroach style harkonnen harvesters and the dune 1/2 style atredies harvesters. Also the pan up to the harkonnen stronghold which looked inspired by the geiger design in the Jodorowsky documentary.
images (3).jpeg

soswow

Day 40​

I forgot about two more details that I didn't do on outside. Handrail on the tail and the box that most likely there to hold the ramp when it's up and closed shut.
day40-result.jpg

Also, here is a rendering of a hole thing by end of yesterday:
full-model-day39.jpg

And here is a full thing with the latest details:
full-model-day40.jpg

I've started on preparing flying variations of all the parts. I will report back on that tomorrow.

soswow

Sometimes I wonder how far can this beauty be detailed further...
(From a scale modellers point of view...)
As far as I can find details as long as they are not smaller than what my resin printer can do =) The other question is - how will one access inside to paint and such. I will bother with this question later. Most likely make the main body modular, so you can remove some type of "cover" and access/see inside.
Wow...with the inside also(y)(y)
of course =) Why not. I guess characters is what I will not be able to do

Anyad911

I'm struggling with the same "interior" task with my Trident Assault Craft design. I try to model each part as I would like to get them out of a Bandai box. Including alternative- and moveable parts, lighting and displaying options. Not easy.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.