Question Missing private messages

E Williams

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Are there problems with the Private Messaging system right now?

I am missing some recent conversations in my inbox, and every Sent message since 2006 is missing. I didn't delete any of these messages - several had information I need.

Thanks.

Are there problems with the Private Messaging system right now?

I am missing some recent conversations in my inbox, and every Sent message since 2006 is missing. I didn't delete any of these messages - several had information I need.

Thanks.
We will check it out and see if we can figure out what happened.

We see that some errors have shown up in the logs, but we do not have confirmation yet of whether or not the message are gone or just not showing up.

I just noticed that this issue is ongoing for my Sent messages at least - only the last 7 days of sent messages are present, and then a gap going back to 2006.

Just had this happen too -- a number of PMs in my inbox for a recently completed purchase have vanished. I still have the url for one of the messages in my browser history, but when I navigate to it it get an "invalid link" error message.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back