Question Missing PM's in my Inbox and sent folders

Shadowknight

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello, I just noticed that I am missing PM's in my inbox and my sent message folder is empty. Is this a known glitch right now?

I'm missing some inbox PM's also, but just from specific members. Any resolution?
It does appear that we are having an issue with PMs disappearing and there is now way to get them back. At this point we recommend that you back them up regularly.

When you open up your inbox, on the left hand side you will see this below all your folders:

save pm.JPG

Just select the format you want and hit save. Easy peasy

If we back up our PM's, is there a possibility to "import" them back into our PM box, if some PM's would be deleted?

You could write a simple PHP (or whatever) app to parse your exported file.

I wrote a flash based one years ago.. when (on another forum) my PM's were capping out.

I could probably whip up another one...

PHP would require a local web server.. or possibly an on-line version.. (the later would require you to upload the file to be parsed.. not sure if the best approach)

Maybe a local javascript based version?

update:

I have a 90% complete jQuery based version of a PM reader if anyone is interested?

Being as I made it jQuery (javascript) based.. it can be used completely off-line.

* no need to upload your private-message.xml file to some website to be viewed/read.
* it currently needs an internet connection to load the jQuery library... but I can download this, and reference it locally for a truly off-line version once published.

Support for most of the BBCode to HTML replacement as well..

I think I need to add TABLE and LIST ITEM support still..

Already has support for:

bold
underline
italics
images
fonts
url links
email link
quotes
multi-nested quotes
code tags

Its completely free/open source.. so you can edit it to quit your needs (or tweak the styles for different styles/colors..etc)

Not sure where the best place to post/share is?

Anyone wants an early release to test, let me know.

Version 1.0 of The RPF Private Message Viewer has been posted:

* JS/jQuery based
* Open Source (with credit given)
* No web server required

[removed]

Feedback appreciated.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back