MILLENNIUM FALCON 1:6 SCALE

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. I don't have money. What I have is a particular skill set that makes me a nightmare for talented people like you (nagging, begging). Release a kit and that will be the end of it. I will not look for you. I will not pursue you. If you do not, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will,................ bother you 24/7 until you give me what I want.

The pics with the ramp is simply amazing...if we didn't have an indication of other objects around the model, we could think that it's the real 1:1 scale MFo_Oo_O:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:(y)(y)(y)(y)

This is amazing. Certainly too large for most people's homes, but still outstanding work anyway. Let's just hope you measured twice and cut once, so you don't find the two halves mismatched when joining them!

Cheers guys...work is progressing. Definite feelings of Deja vu, as I go thru the process for the fourth time. in some cases, but at least this is the last side of the last half
So added all the boxes and attached hull plates
DaqSlS4l.jpg

kCSliUKl.jpg

Fitted the Sub-assembly and the Damage hole pits
4KTGWwBl.jpg
YoeyIcxl.jpg

And...got the Cockpit fitted, with interior and lights...quite happy
mFDza3Kl.jpg

6HWoViZl.jpg

2hq7gYrl.jpg

Obviously nobody home as this is for the Hanger Bay 94 scene

Yes it will require a lot of material for the mold but let's think outside of the box people!

Thinking inside of the box:
Making a mould for that would be an enormous undertaking. You would have to use tons of fiberglass and reinforce it with a welded steel cage. I would estimate the materials alone would be $3000-4000 dollars minimum. I couldn't even imagine the cost of labour, heavy equipment and supports that would be required.

Thinking outside of the box:
just-change-the-gravitational-constant-of-the-universe.jpg

TazMan2000

Thinking inside of the box:
Making a mould for that would be an enormous undertaking. You would have to use tons of fiberglass and reinforce it with a welded steel cage. I would estimate the materials alone would be $3000-4000 dollars minimum. I couldn't even imagine the cost of labour, heavy equipment and supports that would be required.

Thinking outside of the box:
View attachment 1367631

TazMan2000

Yeah,..and your point?

Geek can do it.

I'm sure that he CAN do it if he wanted to.
The question is, will he?

TazMan2000

Just to be clear I am joking about this.

This is the real plan:

At some point in the future Geek will not be online for a while.

He will be my guest for a time building me the Falcon.

When he is finished you may do with him as you wish.

On a serious note I assume this is shipping in halves to the museum?

If so will you fully assemble it for test fit first or do that at the museum?

Just to be clear I am joking about this.

This is the real plan:

At some point in the future Geek will not be online for a while.

He will be my guest for a time building me the Falcon.

When he is finished you may do with him as you wish.

Ok, thanks for letting me know.
I wasn't sure if you were joking or just being overzealous. The last time I heard, "think out of the box" it was from a manager that didn't know concepts like physics and economics.

TazMan2000

Ok, thanks for letting me know.
I wasn't sure if you were joking or just being overzealous. The last time I heard, "think out of the box" it was from a manager that didn't know concepts like physics and economics.

TazMan2000

Oh I wish it could be but it will have to go on the lottery list. Even if I had the money to hire Geek to build it, I would need to ship it to California which would likely cost more than my entire collection just for the shipping. God, Geek, and the Museum only knows what the model itself is costing and then I need another building built to display it.

Geek is my first call if I somehow become rich. The wife will be second.

I have just run out of ways to say, wow, amazing, etc. So I joke.

It's Friday, so it's update time...
Finished fitting all the greeblies on the upper Port side! So that's the last of them for the main ship...only the second mandible to populate and they're done.
Gave it all a coupla base coats...
CyyeJzKl.jpg

wt41eYRl.jpg

wmvDhKJl.jpg
AhOolcrl.jpg

4SoAC93l.jpg

wqcxzJAl.jpg

And started blocking in the colours
7tpQlcgl.jpg

PQ5PEIZl.jpg
4vgmykPl.jpg

Next up; finish removing all the latex masking and start on the washes/weathering

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back