Milky eye on scarecrow mask

draden77

Hey all.

Sorry to start another Arkham Knight Scarecrow thread. I didn't wanna high-jack anyone else's and I didn't see this certain point addressed.

The screenshots from the game show "milky" looking eyes. I have no other way to describe them.

I can't think of a way to pull that off and still be able to see through it. I'll admit I'm too big of a whimp to use special effect contacts.

Ideas please and thank you!

scarecrow1-720x405.jpg

scarecrow1-720x405.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately, the only decent way to do the "milky" eye look is to get contacts. There are two kinds that could work.

Blind/frosty eye contacts:http://fxcontactlenses.org/white-contact-lenses
These are solid contacts and look fantastic for this. The downside is that since they go over the pupil, they're more difficult to see out of.

The other option is a mesh contact:http://www.youknowit.com/screen-and...ur-vision-white-mesh-contact-lenses-pair.html
These don't look as great as the solid ones, but they allow for better visibility and they tend to be cheaper.

So it's really up to you there. Good luck with your build!

If contacts are not suitable, you could always build a prosthesis that sits in the eye socket with an opaque plastic lens.

tanman96

Great links. Thank you.

I think they'd be amazing. I have worn glasses for 20 years because I suck at putting things too close to my eyes, let alone on them. haha This may be worth the practice.

blue2k I have been thinking this may be a possibility. Are you suggesting that I get those contacts and then figuring out a way to mount them to the mask? Or do you have another type of solution inmmind?

blue2k I have been thinking this may be a possibility. Are you suggesting that I get those contacts and then figuring out a way to mount them to the mask? Or do you have another type of solution inmmind?

How I would do it is to create an eye socket that conformed to my own features using a pliable material like clay, or perhaps even use an alginate impression if I had the time, then cast it in a soft silicone. Then cut out the eyelid/orbit section, and add a hemisphere of clear acrylic plastic ball (think xmas decoration bauble etc). White glass paint, or a good sanding will turn the sphere opaque. Maybe even applied heat will turn it white (I haven't tested this, and the materials you choose are presently unknown). Apply the prosthesis with spirit gum. Should work.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back