Mighty Morphing Power Ranger Red Ranger Power Sword templates and size guide

Plokman

Hello,
I do hope this is the correct place to post this sort of thing. I see some request threads in the forum but you never can be too careful when you just arrived at a forum. Anyway let me get down to brass tacs (Is that how it's spelled?) I am currently practicing and getting my skills up to snuff to make proper high quality hand made (Well the prototypes anyway) custom Lego weapons, costumes, and accessorys for personal and commercial use (Not advertising just stating my plan ;) )

Anyway I wanted to start with something quite classic and dear to my heart and make some Power Ranger gear for my minifigs and my favorite weapon (Ironic since my favorite Ranger is the Green Ranger) the Red Ranger's Power Sword. But while I can fine references out the yin yang I want to do this properly and make it accurate as a lego version of said weapon can be.

I've looked everywhere I can think of and like I said while I can find photos and outline drawings of the sword both side view and head on veiw I cannot find anything about how long the blade is or how wide the hilt is above the hand. While searching I did happen upon a 1:1 prop replica someone had made I think the first one was carved out of wood and the other cast but said prop recreation was also how I found the RPF.

So I thought to myself maybe this would be the best place to start see if anyone knew of detailed templates that show size as well as shape. I know one thing for sure the sword can be wielded both like a classic long sword like the Master Sword with a single hand but is designed to allow double hand wielding for extra power (Pardon the pun) in the attack. Besides that I have no clue.

Anyway thank you for your time and I hope I can find the information I'm looking for. Otherwise I'll have to eyeball it and this sword isn't one I want to do that to.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back