Michigan Prop Party

I can definitely be there as well -- I'll bring all the Potter stuff I can manage.

I guess I should ask -- do people bring licensed stuff as well? You know, like The Noble Collection things?

Juno, everything is welcome. Fan-made, licensed stuff... everything. Think of all the cool stuff that you have that someone else may not have... doesn't matter what it is, bring it. :)

Jay,

I think Outlander has said that there will be a raffle. I'm sure he'd appreciate some donations as well.

I can attest to a raffle, I was just handed all of the golden tickets.
Each and every one of you that walks through the door will get a raffle ticket. Donations for prizes are always accepted, as we want to make sure all of the little ones get a prize. And then the big kids get the leftovers.

Yeah, we're gonna do the raffle. Could still use donations because it's been a little slow on the donation front this year.

Juno, a Hogwart's ticket donation would be greatly appreciated. :thumbsup Just make sure you've got one left to sell to me, I'm bringing a lot of Potter stuff this year and it will fit right in with the display. :lol

Reminder to those working the party, those of you who have already received your tickets, YOU are ineligible for the raffle. Only party participants who buy their tickets at the door qualify.

JAS

Definately adding some prizes to the pot as well a few extras while they last for the younger ones. :)

Originally posted by juno@Apr 6 2006, 06:10 PM
How many kids should I plan for if I want to make something for 'em?
[snapback]1221335[/snapback]​

That's hard to say... some people who just drop by for part of the day bring kids with them. I don't think we've had anyone bring kids for the entire party, but I could be wrong.

My wife usually brings my two boys for about an hour so that they can see all the eye candy. :) I'd guestimate maybe a dozen kids, but it's just a guess.

I will be making the 10 hour drive out. :confused A little prop change of pace is in order.

I will be donating some plaque "credits" to the raffle.

looking forward to seeing some new faces.

Thomas

I'll be bringing one 7 year old, and possibly a 10 year old for the whole day. It should be interesting. I'll probably bug out early for the kiddies sake.

Mxyzptlk said: > I'll probably bug out early for the kiddies sake.

Typical. You just don't want to collect tickets at the door like a good boy. :unsure
Seriously, don't forget the MJC Theater is right across the street if they need a change of pace.

Tom, thanks for the donation of the plaque "credits" to the cause. Sooner or later and usually sooner, all prop collectors need a plaque. My sympathy on that drive and try to get "you know who" to come along and make himself useful. He can share the driving chore with you. I'd love to see J.E. again.

JAS

I'm afraid that, since I'm in the midst of a move, I don't have much to offer by way of raffle-time donations.....I do have, however, around a ZILLION packs of Ghostbusters 2 trading cards. :lol

Do kids still like Ghostbusters? Seriously....I've got like 5 boxes of these things. Party favors, perhaps? :p

I just want to clarify because I'm feeling overwhelmed by all the proffered generosity, donating for the raffle IS NOT a requirement. The raffle is just something we tried out last year and it was very popular. Someone brought a box of wonderful action figures last year and we rigged things so that every child in attendance went away with something, so that was great. I sure as heck don't want somebody reluctant to come through that door because they think they're gonna get mugged for a "donation".

I repeat, donations for the raffle, while appreciated, ARE NOT REQUIRED OR EXPECTED.

THANK YOU. :)

JAS

Originally posted by outlander@Apr 9 2006, 05:18 PM
Someone brought a box of wonderful action figures last year and we rigged things so that every child in attendance went away with something, so that was great. 

JAS
[snapback]1223069[/snapback]​

That was me. And I have another 3 boxes of stuff for the kiddies this year. I'm also bringing someone with me from Florida. Do I get the prize for the furthest away? :)

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back