Michigan Prop Party

Discussion in 'Conventions and Prop Parties' started by outlander, Jan 31, 2006.

1. outlander

outlander Sr Member

:thumbsup

2. Magic Man

Magic Man Well-Known Member

Well, hate to say it, but I'm going to have to sit this one out. A little too far for me. :(

Brad

3. trekkieb47

trekkieb47 Well-Known Member

I'll be there, with Dad and girlfriend in tow. :)

Berry

4. rocketeer25

rocketeer25 Sr Member

Great news, Jeff.

Thanks for taking this on again this year. If you need anything at all, please let me know. :)

Lonnie

PS - I'll stick this at the top of the forum for a week to get some exposure, and then again a couple of weeks before the party.

5. Seeker

Seeker Well-Known Member

:(

Wont be able to make it. I have something I can't cancel.

Have fun guys and take lots of pics.

Turo

6. SHIMKO

SHIMKO Well-Known Member

I am in for sure, if you need any help, please let me know.

7. outlander

outlander Sr Member

Thanks for the offers of assistance, guys.

April was the most requested month in the surveys we took last year, our choices were the first or the twenty ninth. I decided the later date would give us a crack at better weather and give people more time for preparations.

Best Regards,

JAS

8. jediteddy

jediteddy New Member

I'd love to help out with setting up or anything you need.

Are you going to be doing a prize drawing again? I have a box of toys and such to donate if you are.

9. jonjohn29

jonjohn29 New Member

Jay are in to get a table?

Jonnie Wishbone

10. JD

JD Master Member

Well, the good news is I'm off work that day. I'm sure bad news will pop up, watch this space.

11. Hicks

Hicks New Member

I just got off the phone with Jeff (Outlander), he put the down payment on the hall, so it looks like the party is a definite go.

12. vaders evil twin

vaders evil twin New Member

I missed out last year. I hope to make it this year.

13. outlander

outlander Sr Member

Hey, Jediteddy. Thanks again for helping out last year. A lot of people just packed up at the end of the night and ran out the door. You and one other lady were the only ones who stuck around to help clean up. It was classy and very much appreciated.

JT: Yes, I'd love to do a raffle again, it seemed to be very popular. I thought that it was great that all those kids got an action figure as a souvenir.

Vader's Evil Twin, I'm sorry you couldn't make it last year. I look forward to seeing you this year if it works out for you. The Mich crowd is a great bunch of people and I think everybody had a great time. I'm hoping Tom Sullivan and his brother will bless us with their presence again. One of the Dullam and Causey geniuses is local. Hopefully one of them will drop even if it is just to visit for a short bit. I know some of the kids will be praying that the R2 Builder's will show.

JAS

14. OPPI

OPPI Well-Known Member

darn i gotta work that weekend :-(

dan

15. jediteddy

jediteddy New Member

I can help with set up/tear down or be the Vannah White of the auction. :p Seriously though, any help you need let me know. Much thanks goes to you guys for arranging everything.

I know Mr. Fett contacted Tom Sullivan who came to the first prop party. You might want to drop him a line and see if he can get ahold of Tom for ya again.

And when the time comes, I'd like one of the round tables to display my ever growing collection.

16. outlander

outlander Sr Member

> And when the time comes, I'd like one of the round tables to display my ever growing collection.

It's yours. Yay, our first table reservation...

JAS

17. motman241

motman241 Well-Known Member

I'd like two tables, please.

18. outlander

outlander Sr Member

Anybody who would like to reserve a table, please send an eMail to outlander@comcast.net with the following information:

Board Name
    Real Name
    Table Requirements

As stated earlier, the majority of the tables are round ones. There are a few rectangular tables, but since I don't know how many exist and out of consideration for arrival times and possible cancellations, it is not possible to make a reservation list for the rectangles.

Rectangular tables will be issued in the order they are requested by people arriving at the party until the tables are gone. If you have some display that will absolutely NOT work with any other arrangment except a rectangular table, eMail me with details and I'll see what I can work out for you.

Comments, discussion and debate about this subject is welcome, but it's the only way I see it working in a manner that is fair.

Best Regards,

JAS

19. slightlyagitatedwookie

slightlyagitatedwookie Well-Known Member

I'll should be able to make it with R2 again. I'll post this over at the R2 Builders to muster up some interest if that's ok?

Heath

20. outlander

outlander Sr Member

That would be great, Heath. Thanks.

JAS

21. Jango_Fett_Jr

Jango_Fett_Jr Well-Known Member

Myself and some friends might be able to make it down, can't say for sure yet though.

22. outlander

outlander Sr Member

>
    Well, we hope it works out for you and look forward to meeting you.

JAS

23. Eaglewood

Eaglewood Sr Member

Hello,
    Well, this may seem like a dumb question, but me being new to the Forum (Dec 05), What exactly goes on at this Little Party?? I live really close so I may be interested in a table if it fits with what I have.
    Get back to me and let me know soem more details please.

Thanks

Clay

24. Mxlplx

Mxlplx Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Appliedmetal, let me field this one for you. Anyone, and everyone is invited, gawkers, venders, and just folks who want to show off their stuff. You are not required to bring a thing, or you can bring a truck load. It matters not. This is just a big get together with like minded folks, to get away for the afternoon, shoot the breeze, and see some neat stuff. So come along .

25. Cutest_Sandgirl

Cutest_Sandgirl Well-Known Member

That would be me. ;)

I've marked the calendar. I'll get with Mr Fett to figure out what we'd like to bring and what table(s) we'd need. :)

26. Mxlplx

Kimmy,

Your female predator costume, in the flesh, as opposed to being on the table all day, was great.

27. DAVIDYR1

DAVIDYR1 Official Licensee RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Great news...
    I havent missed a Michigan Prop Party yet...
    I will be there for sure...and with probably twice as much junk as last year I might add..... :confused

David

28. jedistine

jedistine Well-Known Member

I'm in.

29. outlander

outlander Sr Member

This one is going to be the best ever.

JAS :D :thumbsup

30. BatDemon

BatDemon Active Member

Brad, there were carloads of people from Chicago last year. I'm sure they'll be makng the trip again.

31. outlander

outlander Sr Member

For those who wish to overnight it or split a room, the Best Western Sterling Inn is about 100 yrds away.

JAS

32. gjustis

gjustis Well-Known Member

Ya know, although I'm not much of a poster around these parts, I'm a regular over at Proptopia, and one of the members recommended I check this whole shindig out (in Lansing currently).

Anyone that can shoot some info my way (ie, what it's all about, details, etc.) would be uber-appreciated. ;)

I'm happy to bring a decent selection of props, if folks are down....

33. DevilInThePaleMoonlight

DevilInThePaleMoonlight New Member

Well, I had a great time last year so count me in for sure. See you all there.

Jonathan

34. gjustis

Count this guy in....here's hoping for a fun new experience. :)

35. ArkRaider

ArkRaider Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Think you guys would have room for a Buckeye to come? :)

36. gjustis

C'mon over, Dan-o. :)

37. ArkRaider

ArkRaider Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Just wanted to make sure I had permission to tred on Blue and Yellow property :p

38. gjustis

Blue & yellow?

HA.

Green & white, yo. :D

39. outlander

outlander Sr Member

There will be no shortage of buckeye genes at this party. It's just that some people can't stand to see a [national championship] winner without getting hard feelings....

JAS

40. Mxlplx

You know guy's, everyone cant be perfect.

Alumni
    U of M 92'

41. tripoli

tripoli Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Actually, the Michigan party had as much or more than the east coast party did, which says alot for the gathering there. A little more horror genre props as well sci-fi. My son is hoping the R2 builders will be showing up again. Well worth going to if you can.

42. outlander

outlander Sr Member

Well, we're five hours from Chicago, four from Toronto, and an hour from the Ohio border. So we draw from a lot of different areas. I have hope that an old buddy will drop by from Kansas, so that'll snag the distance record I think. Of course Lem came from an awfully long way last year....

JAS

43. Eaglewood

Eaglewood Sr Member

Ill be there--Hopefully I will have the Constatine Knucks done by then and possibly some other items tha tI can just bag up and bring along.

44. outlander

outlander Sr Member

> Ill be there--Hopefully I will have the Constatine Knucks done by then and
    > possibly some other items tha tI can just bag up and bring along.

Fantatic... :D There is no project ongoing at the RPF right now that I would rather see show up at the party than that one. Bring a sign-up sheet, I cannot believe that a ton of people will not be begging to jump on board.

In other news, I eMailed Tom Sullivan last night and invited him and his brother. For those of you who do not know, Tom is the FX cat who did the first two Evil Dead flicks with Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell. Hopefully he and his brother are free to join us again. Seeing Tom every year is a great experience.

Also, one of the most popular things from last years party seems to be the raffle that we did. If anybody has something that they'd like to donate to the drawing, it would be greatly appreciated.

JAS

45. Corbin_Das

Corbin_Das New Member

It's that time of year again. :lol
    I've loved the last two, and I'm sure this one will be no different. I'll definitely be there with my Luxeon sabers. I look forward to seeing everyone again.

Corbin Das

Corbin@CorbinsComponents.com

Corbin's Components

46. outlander

outlander Sr Member

BAD NEWS, FOLKS. :(

I've just been in contact with Mr. Thomas Sullivan and he regretfully informs me that he will be unable to attend this year's party. He sends his best to everyone.

:cry

JAS

47. rocketeer25

rocketeer25 Sr Member

I'm looking forward to seeing all kinds of cool stuff this year.

The last couple of years, we've had some great turn out and displays, but we've also had a number of regular members show up just to look. And thats fine for a year or two... but now, it's time to ante up. :D I'm hoping that a few regulars to the party who've traditionaly shown up to just to gander (and you know who you are.) will bring some stuff this year. :)

It'll also be cool to see some new members like Clay, gjustis, etc there. :thumbsup

48. Eaglewood

Eaglewood Sr Member

Hey there--Appliedmetal here aka Clay Williams
    Just wondering what the cost is for a small table for the party.
    Please get ahold of me so I can decide if I want to get one or not. We should have the Constantine Knucks done by then and I might be bringing them as well as son\me other items.

Let me know..
    Thanks

Clay 810-358-0209

I live in Lapeer so I could help out too...

49. Hicks

Hicks New Member

Clay, in the above post you were asking how much it is to get a table. It's free.. You can get as many tables as you want, you just show up and put your stuff on any table you want. The more props you have the more tables you can have. I don't have very many props, so last year I only had one round table. But if you have alot of props load up the car and show up early and grab all the tables you want. Hope to see you there. :thumbsup

Vito

50. outlander

outlander Sr Member

As Hicks mentioned, there should be plenty of tables, we had a lot left last year. The only set back is that the majority of them are round "wedding" style tables, there are only a few rectangular tables available and they get snapped up very
    quickly, early in the day, on a first come first served basis.

If you absolutely need a rectangular or square table, you are more than welcome to bring one or more of your own.

There is no charge for using the tables, showing your stuff and seeing other people's props is what the MiPP is all about. Unlike this year, we will be selling tickets at the door for a minimal - probably $5.00 - charge to help defray some of the costs. Admission for children is free. Tickets will also include entry to the MiPP raffle, which was very popular last year. Hopefully we will have a lot of people donate items again this year.

For those of you who were not there last year, or need a reminder, or are traveling from far away via Mapquest, the hall address info is as follows:

UAW LOCAL 1264
    7450 Fifteen Mile Road
    Sterling Heights, MI 48312