Michigan Prop Party

Actually, the Michigan party had as much or more than the east coast party did, which says alot for the gathering there. A little more horror genre props as well sci-fi. My son is hoping the R2 builders will be showing up again. Well worth going to if you can.

Well, we're five hours from Chicago, four from Toronto, and an hour from the Ohio border. So we draw from a lot of different areas. I have hope that an old buddy will drop by from Kansas, so that'll snag the distance record I think. Of course Lem came from an awfully long way last year....

JAS

Ill be there--Hopefully I will have the Constatine Knucks done by then and possibly some other items tha tI can just bag up and bring along.

Originally posted by appliedmetal+Feb 8 2006, 10:48 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(appliedmetal @ Feb 8 2006, 10:48 PM)</div>
Hello,
Well, this may seem like a dumb question, but me being new to the Forum (Dec 05), What exactly goes on at this Little Party?? I live really close so I may be interested in a table if it fits with what I have.
Get back to me and let me know soem more details please.

Thanks

Clay

<!--QuoteBegin-outlander
@Feb 4 2006, 03:48 AM
Anybody who would like to reserve a table, please send an eMail to outlander@comcast.net with the following information:

Board Name
Real Name
Table Requirements

As stated earlier, the majority of the tables are round ones.  There are a few rectangular tables, but since I don't know how many exist and out of consideration for arrival times and possible cancellations, it is not possible to make a reservation list for the rectangles. 

Rectangular tables will be issued upon request on a first come, first serve basis.

[edit]  Sorry, the above sentence might have been a little misleading

Rectangular tables will be issued in the order they are requested by people arriving at the party.  If you have some display that will absolutely NOT work with any other arrangment except a rectangular table, eMail me with details and I'll see what I can work out for you.

Comments, discussion and debate about this subject is welcome, but it's the only way I see it working in a manner that is fair.

Best Regards,

JAS
[snapback]1175691[/snapback]​
[snapback]1179449[/snapback]​
[/b]

> Ill be there--Hopefully I will have the Constatine Knucks done by then and
> possibly some other items tha tI can just bag up and bring along.

Fantatic... :D There is no project ongoing at the RPF right now that I would rather see show up at the party than that one. Bring a sign-up sheet, I cannot believe that a ton of people will not be begging to jump on board.

In other news, I eMailed Tom Sullivan last night and invited him and his brother. For those of you who do not know, Tom is the FX cat who did the first two Evil Dead flicks with Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell. Hopefully he and his brother are free to join us again. Seeing Tom every year is a great experience.

Also, one of the most popular things from last years party seems to be the raffle that we did. If anybody has something that they'd like to donate to the drawing, it would be greatly appreciated.

JAS

BAD NEWS, FOLKS. :(

I've just been in contact with Mr. Thomas Sullivan and he regretfully informs me that he will be unable to attend this year's party. He sends his best to everyone.

:cry

JAS

I'm looking forward to seeing all kinds of cool stuff this year.

The last couple of years, we've had some great turn out and displays, but we've also had a number of regular members show up just to look. And thats fine for a year or two... but now, it's time to ante up. :D I'm hoping that a few regulars to the party who've traditionaly shown up to just to gander (and you know who you are.) will bring some stuff this year. :)

It'll also be cool to see some new members like Clay, gjustis, etc there. :thumbsup

Originally posted by outlander@Feb 4 2006, 03:48 AM
Anybody who would like to reserve a table, please send an eMail to outlander@comcast.net with the following information:

Board Name
Real Name
Table Requirements

As stated earlier, the majority of the tables are round ones.  There are a few rectangular tables, but since I don't know how many exist and out of consideration for arrival times and possible cancellations, it is not possible to make a reservation list for the rectangles. 

Rectangular tables will be issued upon request on a first come, first serve basis.

[edit]  Sorry, the above sentence might have been a little misleading

Rectangular tables will be issued in the order they are requested by people arriving at the party.  If you have some display that will absolutely NOT work with any other arrangment except a rectangular table, eMail me with details and I'll see what I can work out for you.

Comments, discussion and debate about this subject is welcome, but it's the only way I see it working in a manner that is fair.

Best Regards,

JAS
[snapback]1175691[/snapback]​

Hey there--Appliedmetal here aka Clay Williams
Just wondering what the cost is for a small table for the party.
Please get ahold of me so I can decide if I want to get one or not. We should have the Constantine Knucks done by then and I might be bringing them as well as son\me other items.

Let me know..
Thanks

Clay 810-358-0209

I live in Lapeer so I could help out too...

Clay, in the above post you were asking how much it is to get a table. It's free.. You can get as many tables as you want, you just show up and put your stuff on any table you want. The more props you have the more tables you can have. I don't have very many props, so last year I only had one round table. But if you have alot of props load up the car and show up early and grab all the tables you want. Hope to see you there. :thumbsup

Vito

As Hicks mentioned, there should be plenty of tables, we had a lot left last year. The only set back is that the majority of them are round "wedding" style tables, there are only a few rectangular tables available and they get snapped up very
quickly, early in the day, on a first come first served basis.

If you absolutely need a rectangular or square table, you are more than welcome to bring one or more of your own.

There is no charge for using the tables, showing your stuff and seeing other people's props is what the MiPP is all about. Unlike this year, we will be selling tickets at the door for a minimal - probably $5.00 - charge to help defray some of the costs. Admission for children is free. Tickets will also include entry to the MiPP raffle, which was very popular last year. Hopefully we will have a lot of people donate items again this year.

For those of you who were not there last year, or need a reminder, or are traveling from far away via Mapquest, the hall address info is as follows:

UAW LOCAL 1264
7450 Fifteen Mile Road
Sterling Heights, MI 48312

Originally posted by Hicks@Mar 2 2006, 10:48 PM
Clay, in the above post you were asking how much it is to get a table. It's free..  You can get as many tables as you want, you just show up and put your stuff on any table you want.  The more props you have the more tables you can have.  I don't have very many props, so last year I only had one round table.  But if you have alot of props load up the car and show up early and grab all the tables you want.  Hope to see you there. :thumbsup

Vito
[snapback]1197643[/snapback]​

Rockin...

How early do I need to show up?? What time does it open the doors??

I should be there with a few things anyhow.

Appliedmetal

Clay:

Doors open at 12:00 p.m.

Juno:

Bring some of those Potter tickets with you. I know I want one and several of us are setting up Harry Potter displays. It might put some fans in the mood to buy.

JAS

Originally posted by outlander@Mar 4 2006, 12:50 AM
Clay:

Doors open at 12:00 p.m.

Juno:

Bring some of those Potter tickets with you.  I know I want one and several of us are setting up Harry Potter displays.  It might put some fans in the mood to buy.

JAS
[snapback]1198447[/snapback]​

Hey all, Just wanted to let everyone know--I wont have a lot of my own stuff there as I have just really started to get into this hobby. I am hooked already though. I am glad we can be a part of this. Hopefully we will have the Knucks, the triangle of light and some Riddick Necromander knives there. Other than that --not much from us. We have some ideas rollig around in our heads though--How about a machined Constantine shotgun??--Lighter??
I just looked at some of the pics from the other prop parties and I feel that maybe we will be a bit out of place as there is so much great stuff. . That will change with time, I am certain as I am slightly addicted now.

Anyhow, Just wanted to let you all to know not to expect too much from us other than what we have on the RPF presently.

Thanks for the support and we are always open to new ideas that we can help with.

Looling forward to meeting everyone.

Juno--you gonna be there??

Applied Metal

Clay,

Some guys just show up to look... other people show up with a handful of items. Others fill up several tables. It doesn't matter. Bring what you've got... I'm sure it'll be a hit. :)

Lonnie

I'm still fairly new to the RPF (and to the hobby in general), but I'm in the Ann Arbor area (med school at UM). I'd love to come in person to see all the great stuff people have collected and made. My own collection is pretty modest, mostly MR sabers, a screen used anti-virus from Resident Evil, and some screen used (filler for the background) chemistry text books from The Hulk (one of which I actually needed for a class in undergrad :D ). I may not be able to make it though, since I'll be in OH a few days before that taking Step 1 of the Boards (2 years of med school crammed into an 8 hour test) and visiting family before the clinical years of med school completely swallow me up in May. You all do such fine work, it'd be a pleasure to meet you in person. Hopefully I can make it.

Chris

Just a quick question. I'm bringing a DVD of the Celebration III Spectacular footage. Is there going to be a projector or TV available for folks to watch? If not, I'll see what I can figure out, but I'd rather start now if I have to.

There's an overhead large-screen projection TV. My esteemed peer and colleague Tripoli was unable to connect his DVD player to it last year, we had to make to with VHS tapes.

I believe the tech problem had more to do with the inevitably polite Tripoli deferring too much to the guy who runs the hall. This year we will be more aggressive about the video.

corranhornjje: Your DVD presentation would be most welcome. :thumbsup

JAS

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back