Micheal Keaton back has Batman???

I always was interested in seeing Keaton reprise as Bruce Wayne in a Batman Beyond sort of movie. Batman's retired, he's cleaned up the streets, but things are getting bad again, and Batman needs somebody new to don the cape and cowl and send the terror of the Bat back into Gotham's underworld.

Not keen on Keaton resurrecting his Batman role tbh. Some things I feel are best remembered for nostalgia and dredging them up can ruin the great memories you have. I mean I still think he'd cut a good Bruce Wayne, would be interesting to see how the character dynamic has changed with him being significantly older, but it would comical (Pardon the pun) to have someone of his age beating up the bad guys (And gals) of Gotham City.

Keaton's Batman movies were quite dark under Tim Burton (Especially Batman Returns) so I feel you'd need to get Burton onboard too. (I wouldn't like to see Keaton being involved in a cheesefest like Batman & Robin for example).

I would have liked to see Keaton in another Batman movie, but it's 20 years too late IMO. Oh and my favourite Batman movie is the 1989 movie.(y)

... Some things I feel are best remembered for nostalgia and dredging them up can ruin the great memories you have...

that's always been a silly excuse to not want something.

"but this new thing will mean i can't enjoy the old thing."

No it doesn't. LOL :lol:

If you enjoyed an earlier movie, you can still enjoy it. They're actors. They play multiple roles in different films. Even if they play the same character in a new one, it doesn't get rid of the old movie.

People can still read old books. People can still watch old movies. People can still play old games. The fact that there are nine "Taken" movies (or however the hell many there are) doesn't change what's in the first. "Moonraker" sucked, but I can still go watch Goldfinger ("Oh my word, I can't believe they made this movie this way, when Bond will be shown 10 years later reacting slighting different under the same situation!").

You think it'd be hard to pull of an "in the field" batman using keaton? Sure, I get that. But tarnishing memories? I don't buy it.

I'm on board if they do CGI de-aging on Keaton.

He is 68 years old. It's not just that he needs to be "retired Batman" its that's he's too old to even do the retiring. A movie where Batman decides to retire, or has retired recently . . . that's more like a 45yo guy. Keaton will need de-aging work for any scene that goes anywhere near a Batsuit.

Oh they can get around the whole “age thing” in much cheaper and easier ways than a CGI Batman, or a CGI Superman upper lip.

Case in point, the painfully obvious stunt double being used to bounce off of a trampoline and save the UFP President’s life in Trek VI.

9792318D-AC4A-4D9B-AA65-DC5ECD33F80D.jpeg

There is no way that the then 60 something year-old Shatner, with an ever expanding waistline (damn the gravitational pull of KFC), could have pulled off that feat. I remember the audience chuckling during that particular portion of the scene.

07D45FA5-4D1D-4F6B-8237-BD82AFAC2896.jpeg

For an even more hilarious stretch of reality, and the use of an obvious stunt double, watch the “Shatner climbs El Cap in a heavy velour sweater” scene in Trek V.

It would be even easier to put a stunt double in the cowl and cape and double for Keaton, where needed.

Last edited:
Wasn’t Christian Bale’s Batman basically retired in his third movie? TBH I can’t remember it that well, I watched it on line and fell asleep for a chunk of it.

Wasn’t Christian Bale’s Batman basically retired in his third movie? TBH I can’t remember it that well, I watched it on line and fell asleep for a chunk of it.

Yes. The Batman had vanished from Gotham, because Bruce was to torn up. Specifically, the joints in his legs were shot. He hung up the suit, and went into seclusion in his manor.

When he decides to put on the cowl again, they show him rigging up some sort of knee supports that he can wear under the suit; presumably they gave him mobility, but I think we're meant to assume that he's in constant pain over them from then on.

Last edited:
Oh they can get around the whole “age thing” in much cheaper and easier ways than a CGI Batman, or a CGI Superman upper lip.

Case in point, the painfully obvious stunt double being used to bounce off of a trampoline and save the UFP President’s life in Trek VI.

View attachment 1319524

There is no way that the then 60 something year-old Shatner, with an ever expanding waistline (damn the gravitational pull of KFC), could have pulled off that feat. I remember the audience chuckling during that particular portion of the scene.

View attachment 1319528

For an even more hilarious stretch of reality, and the use of an obvious stunt double, watch the “Shatner climbs El Cap in a heavy velour sweater” scene in Trek V.

It would be even easier to put a stunt double in the cowl and cape and double for Keaton, where needed.

Man, you're picking on that scene a little harshly. It happens very fast. Lots of quick cut scenes full of action and tension. You're suggesting people actively noted a stunt double in a broken 1-second scene, with blur motion, and a phaser blast that intentionally draws the eye from Kirk's jump, and people in the theater laughed? Honestly, if they did, people were looking exactly for that scene to laugh at.

Noting it wasn't Shatner during the fact is hardly on the mind, even knowing it's not him. I've watched this movie (and the scene again right now), no exaggeration, a minimum of 60 times.

Now the climb scene in Star Trek V. Ya, that was very unbelievable. Especially with the shape he was in. But then again, a lot of that movie was cringeworthy.

Man, you're picking on that scene a little harshly. It happens very fast. Lots of quick cut scenes full of action and tension. You're suggesting people actively noted a stunt double in a broken 1-second scene, with blur motion, and a phaser blast that intentionally draws the eye from Kirk's jump, and people in the theater laughed? Honestly, if they did, people were looking exactly for that scene to laugh at.

Noting it wasn't Shatner during the fact is hardly on the mind, even knowing it's not him. I've watched this movie (and the scene again right now), no exaggeration, a minimum of 60 times.

Now the climb scene in Star Trek V. Ya, that was very unbelievable. Especially with the shape he was in. But then again, a lot of that movie was cringeworthy.

You make a valid point. It is the Great William Shatner we are talking about, after all. I suppose most audience members would truly believe that he could have accomplished that physical feat by sheer force of will.

You make a valid point. It is the Great William Shatner we are talking about, after all. I suppose most audience members would truly believe that he could have accomplished that physical feat by sheer force of will.

The point is that the scene was too chaotic and far to short for most people to give it any thought at all.

After the fact, sure. Unless you were already critical and looking for things like that during the first viewing. But then you're not actually watching the movie. You're just looking for things to critique.

I'm up for this. Like most movies, if written and directed well it would be phenomenal to see Keaton as Batman, Bruce Wayne or both. I personally hope this happens.

I was never a HUGE fan of Keaton as Batman. I thought he was an odd casting choice at the time. I liked Val Kilmer much more in the role. But dog-on-it I'm a sucker for nostalgia, so bring him on!

I would love to see them do a changing of the mantle/Azreal type thing. But that tied into the Bane and "Breaking of the Bat" story line back in the early/mid 90's when I actually collected comics. I think I still have those tucked away somewhere, but it was one of my favorite Batman stories.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back