Michael Myers mask suffering from alopecia - how can I fix this?

Arktic

So, I recently moved house and as part of the move, I bagged up my Michael Myers Halloween II mask in what I thought was an airtight vacuum bag. It appears there was a stowaway though, because a few months later I’ve gone back to the bag and realised that it is full of moths, and they’ve basically eaten away all the hair, which has left Michael looking slightly less than screen accurate, shall we say...

F46074BF-4074-4AE5-BBF9-914AE296976F.jpeg
B7EEF0C7-5749-49ED-8D29-6158E187A1FA.jpeg

You can see what must be moth eggs in what’s left of his previously luscious locks -

8CE7E895-DBE9-487A-9E9B-E5B4DAE3941B.jpeg

Does anyone have a cost-effective way that I can repair the mask? I threw out the moth-infested hair, so I suppose I’ll need to buy some new hair and attach it somehow. Or will it work out cheaper just to buy a whole new mask?

You could head over to The Woolery and pick up something like Churro Top. One bag would be plenty to rehair the mask with a lot left over. Use rubber cement or E6000 to glue it down.

The mask originally would have had adult camel top hair on it, but that stuff is crazy hard to find these days. Alternatively you could find mohair top but you usually have to dye it. Crepe hair would work too.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back