Michael Myers mask replica discussion

ComeradeDog88

Hi all,
I thought I’d make a thread about a prop that is greatly overlooked by many in cinema (specifically the horror genre). That is Michael Myers’ ever changing mask in the Halloween franchise. This is a thread where you can post about your mask variants, collection, and discuss about really any prop from the franchise.

Here is my only screen accurate mask (I have an H1 TOTS mask rehauled but it was done by me and looks really bad). I was fortunate enough to find this historical “artifact” in the mask making community on Mercari for $200. Yes it was pretty pricey, but as you can see it belonged to Jimmy Falco (a well known mask maker and apprentice of Nick Mulpigano of the mask pit, credited to making one of the first screen accurate replicas of the mask). This was one of his personal copies as labeled on the inside. I did some research and found he actually posted a picture of it on his Facebook in 2018 when it was finished. Since then, it was lost and only was sold 3 times since then. First to one guy who put it up for sale for $300 as the previous seller mentioned to me which then was bought by another man who ended up selling it for $200 which was when I came in to steal it off the market and keep it preserved in my room. As you could probably tell the details in the paintwork have slightly worn out because of the handling of the piece so it doesn’t look as pristine compared to when it was first shown back in 2018. I will never sell this as it still remains in the top 5 props in my collection.

Anyway hope y’all enjoy the thread, trynna kickstart something here as I haven’t seen the Myers mask community on here very often (but I am new and could possibly have gotten lazy on my research on the forum).
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I'm still on the look-out and hunt for the perfect replica, which we're so close to getting with what's available now.

The two best MM masks out there, in my opinion, are in order: 1) NAG and 2) Nightowl. Everyone else jockeys for positions after that. NAG's 75k is possibly the nicest ever made but they're in rare supply. Nightowl's Creep is the closest, more affordable, and more readily available after that.

The problem I always get into with replicas are they typically run a little big and thick in material, where the original masks were mass produced and thin. To that effect, I think the only person that ever offered them like that in the fan community is Nick M. from Spookhouse Props with his Thin-Ringer. However, I find his masks are too "sculptural," the details I find too heavy for an H1 Shat.

The masks I currently have are a re-hauled ToTS 2018 (the masks offer are pretty much lineage, you won't get better for the price) that I did, an older MasketCase Studios H2SM which is said to have lineage ties, and my personal favorite: a ToTS Shatner that I modified to be an H1. Of all the masks I've owned, this satisfies everything I've ever wanted from these masks. Soft details, thin latex, mass produced, flesh colored, rough eye cuts, camel hair, and it's an older Nightowl sculpt that was used to make them---so they're superb for the money.

I'll have to post photos later.

I'm still on the look-out and hunt for the perfect replica, which we're so close to getting with what's available now.

The two best MM masks out there, in my opinion, are in order: 1) NAG and 2) Nightowl. Everyone else jockeys for positions after that. NAG's 75k is possibly the nicest ever made but they're in rare supply. Nightowl's Creep is the closest, more affordable, and more readily available after that.

The problem I always get into with replicas are they typically run a little big and thick in material, where the original masks were mass produced and thin. To that effect, I think the only person that ever offered them like that in the fan community is Nick M. from Spookhouse Props with his Thin-Ringer. However, I find his masks are too "sculptural," the details I find too heavy for an H1 Shat.

The masks I currently have are a re-hauled ToTS 2018 (the masks offer are pretty much lineage, you won't get better for the price) that I did, an older MasketCase Studios H2SM which is said to have lineage ties, and my personal favorite: a ToTS Shatner that I modified to be an H1. Of all the masks I've owned, this satisfies everything I've ever wanted from these masks. Soft details, thin latex, mass produced, flesh colored, rough eye cuts, camel hair, and it's an older Nightowl sculpt that was used to make them---so they're superb for the money.

I'll have to post photos later.
If only I had the money and resources to be able to buy those masks. I really try not to spend a lot of money on them but that’s kind of impossible if you are looking for a really good replica. Like I said, I do have an H1 TOTS but it does not look very great as I was experimenting with rehauling for the first time. The Nightowl may be more in my price range then any NAG mask.

I really want to get a Warlock made at some point as I feel that would be a great mask to have. The 2018 I have now was really sheer luck as the seller I got it from didn’t really know anything about it, to me it was a steal!

best of luck to ya on your hunt!!!

Love the thread and a big fan of the H1 and H2 original masks. Had a Warlock years ago and actually wore it a few times. It was a fantastic mask, but I'm 6'-6" and my melon just doesn't work without distorting them. I had to cut the slit in the back an additional 3" and I hated doing it.

I'd like to get another costume together and I've been looking at the Obsession mask since it says that it will fit a 24" crown. My head is almost exactly that, so I may pick one up. Also looking at the Reed's coveralls but trying to decipher their sizing info is a bit confusing. Love to hear what others have going!

Love the thread and a big fan of the H1 and H2 original masks. Had a Warlock years ago and actually wore it a few times. It was a fantastic mask, but I'm 6'-6" and my melon just doesn't work without distorting them. I had to cut the slit in the back an additional 3" and I hated doing it.

I'd like to get another costume together and I've been looking at the Obsession mask since it says that it will fit a 24" crown. My head is almost exactly that, so I may pick one up. Also looking at the Reed's coveralls but trying to decipher their sizing info is a bit confusing. Love to hear what others have going!
Wish you best of luck on your costume. I know it must have been tough cutting the slit longer on the Warlock but sometimes it is necessary. I usually just overhaul a TOTS mask if I’m making a last minute costume since it’s the cheapest option but maybe in the future I’ll be able to get a accurate costume together.

image.jpg

Here’s my 2018 mask by Jimmy Falco in some better lighting for everyone because the first photos I had were taken at night and all the details are hard to see. In the black box under the mask is my 2018 knife signed by Nick Castle. Here it is....
image.jpg

Thanks! Now I'm leaning toward the Nightowl's Creep mask. A little more spendy, also 24" but man....it's crazy how good that mask is. And they don't seem to sell for less than new if you find one on Ebay either.

Thanks! Now I'm leaning toward the Nightowl's Creep mask. A little more spendy, also 24" but man....it's crazy how good that mask is. And they don't seem to sell for less than new if you find one on Ebay either.
Yeah they are good investments. You really get what you pay for!

You could say I'm a fan. :p
buA0nE2.jpg

Couple names I've seen thrown out that I'd personally suggestataying clear from:
Nik Dresios of NAG has really gone down in flames recently. It's well documented that he threatens other artists whom he feels threatens him as competition, and often accuse them of recasting all the while his best work have all been Kirk recast themselves. In the most recent incident, he made some nasty, pedophilic comments, which i personally found abhorrent.

And Terry Lambert of Cemetery Gates Productions also has a known history of recasting others work. The Warlock, for instance, is merely Justin Mabry's (of NightOwl Productions) Nightmare Man 78 mask that had been stuffed into a Halloween 2 mask. Also it's worth mentioning that he was a notorious scammer who pretended to be dying to try to get out of paying his debts. He's cleaned up his act with the scamming, but still sells recasted masks.

Couple names I've seen thrown out that I'd personally suggestataying clear from:
Nik Dresios of NAG has really gone down in flames recently. It's well documented that he threatens other artists whom he feels threatens him as competition, and often accuse them of recasting all the while his best work have all been Kirk recast themselves. In the most recent incident, he made some nasty, pedophilic comments, which i personally found abhorrent.

And Terry Lambert of Cemetery Gates Productions also has a known history of recasting others work. The Warlock, for instance, is merely Justin Mabry's (of NightOwl Productions) Nightmare Man 78 mask that had been stuffed into a Halloween 2 mask. Also it's worth mentioning that he was a notorious scammer who pretended to be dying to try to get out of paying his debts. He's cleaned up his act with the scamming, but still sells recasted masks.

Yeah, I read something about a big kerfuffle happening over on the Myers boards, but it seems like it's over and Nik and most of the those involved are trying to make restitutions. In any case, I still envy NAG early work, though the new mold 75k looks pretty good, too.

Here are some bad camera shots of my current masks (my H3 trio is just out of shot):

2018 rehaul: Had to do two of these bastards a number of times before I learned how to handle these. I'm not crazy for this mask or even the movie but I wanted to try my hand at these as so many others have made it look easy (FYI: It's not). I wanted to mute the heavy, cartoonish wrinkles and give it a paintjob closer to something between the H1 and the H2, particularly around the neck. There's loads of colors on this in person but it gets totally washed out in photos.

20210520_212604.jpg

MCS H2SM: This was my first "high-end" mask I ever picked up. I don't know if it's true or not, but it was claimed these masks were restored copies of the stunt masks for H2 (which were 1st gen recasts of the original H1 mask the production of H2 made). I don't know if that was ever verified and shortly after I bought this, the mold was retired for something else. This was originally restored into a Shat mask and sold as such, I converted that to an H1 for a good long time. However, as time went on, there were just too many tells for me to fully accept it as an H1 and I turned it into its proper H2 form. This one was painted by fellow member and good friend, Mr Mold Maker as an H1 and I have since roughed up to be a Warlock H2.

20210520_212324.jpg

ToTS Shatner rehaul: It's not properly stuffed but still---these make some damn fine masks for the money, and they tick every box a "real" H1 mask should be for me: based off a Capt. Kirk mask, thin, soft details, camel hair, mass produced, etc. Just paint it white, redo the hair, and handle it accordingly to the way the originals were and you get pretty much the same thing they had on set. It's incredible just how close it is to being the "real" thing to me. The only way this could be better is if the original Don Post Shatner molds used to make the original Kirk masks were found, restored, and ToTS made them exactly as DP did. Otherwise, this is pretty much what I'm holding on to until it rots.

20210520_212742.jpg

Nice! I think Rowland Kelly actually owns and makes the H2SM now. His work is really good. I owned one of his early MCS DVs2 masks before selling it to fund other things. I just realized, I should have probably IDed some of my masks here:
View attachment 1459655
Top row: NAG NIghtmare by Freddy Loper, NightOwl Creep, NightOwl Psycho
4th row: TOTS Kirk, TOTS H4, TOTS H6, TOTS H18
3rd row: Ben Cooper Charlie Chaplin (seen in the Nichol's Hardware Store window), PropShop Rob Zombie clown mask, FordFX remake mask, Ben Cooper Donald Duck (seen in the Nichol's Hardware Store window).
2nd row: plastic pumpkin pale like the one used by Young Michael in the Rob Zombie remake, Ghoulish Productions Emmet Kelly mask, Ghoulish Productions goblin mask (no Halloween franchise relation), Don Post 1990's glow-in-the-dark Pumpkin
Bottom row: TOTS H3 pumpkin mask, NightOwl King Pumpkin mask, unknown brand rotten pumpkin mask, Ghoulish Productions Jack Jr. mask

My TOTS H18 mask I had repainted by Heath Johnson back in 2019:
CkLHMHW.png

qsSa9fo.png

I also completed two costumes, the original H1, and the Rob Zombie remake one:
4KUD7T4.png

9nzTS4O.png

Speaking of which, incidentally, an old picture of my Red Kaps in spruce green somehow found their way onto the Halloween Wiki (I did not add them):
QGUIQkv.png

I also have a considerable collection of prop horror knives, though to keep it Halloween related, here's a Victorinox Forschner chef knife, and the Hunter's Companion bowie as seen in Rob Zombie's Halloween and Halloween II respectively. The actual Halloween 2 prop had a different handle, and there used to be a guy the M-M.net who'd convert them for you, but I've not seen him active in years.
KTdrOx1.jpg

Finally, I also managed to track down the brand of knife Laurie Strode used in the 2018 movie:
QwayvfV.png

Nice! I think Rowland Kelly actually owns and makes the H2SM now. His work is really good. I owned one of his early MCS DVs2 masks before selling it to fund other things. I just realized, I should have probably IDed some of my masks here:

Top row: NAG NIghtmare by Freddy Loper, NightOwl Creep, NightOwl Psycho
4th row: TOTS Kirk, TOTS H4, TOTS H6, TOTS H18
3rd row: Ben Cooper Charlie Chaplin (seen in the Nichol's Hardware Store window), PropShop Rob Zombie clown mask, FordFX remake mask, Ben Cooper Donald Duck (seen in the Nichol's Hardware Store window).
2nd row: plastic pumpkin pale like the one used by Young Michael in the Rob Zombie remake, Ghoulish Productions Emmet Kelly mask, Ghoulish Productions goblin mask (no Halloween franchise relation), Don Post 1990's glow-in-the-dark Pumpkin
Bottom row: TOTS H3 pumpkin mask, NightOwl King Pumpkin mask, unknown brand rotten pumpkin mask, Ghoulish Productions Jack Jr. mask

My TOTS H18 mask I had repainted by Heath Johnson back in 2019:
View attachment 1460985
View attachment 1460986

I also completed two costumes, the original H1, and the Rob Zombie remake one:
View attachment 1460987
View attachment 1460988

Speaking of which, incidentally, an old picture of my Red Kaps in spruce green somehow found their way onto the Halloween Wiki (I did not add them):
View attachment 1460989

I also have a considerable collection of prop horror knives, though to keep it Halloween related, here's a Victorinox Forschner chef knife, and the Hunter's Companion bowie as seen in Rob Zombie's Halloween and Halloween II respectively. The actual Halloween 2 prop had a different handle, and there used to be a guy the M-M.net who'd convert them for you, but I've not seen him active in years.
View attachment 1460990

Finally, I also managed to track down the brand of knife Laurie Strode used in the 2018 movie:
View attachment 1460991
Your definitely a true fan. One of the nicest collections I’ve ever seen man

Your definitely a true fan. One of the nicest collections I’ve ever seen man
Thanks! Besides Star Wars, Michael Myers props/costumes were the first prop replicas I started collecting.

I would definitely recommend the Creep. It's a fantastically versatile and accurate mask. Just a note, but regardless of time of year you put in your order, Justin usually does a run every year in August/September and they get shipped out by Oct. 31st. Here's my copy from 2014:
48NZNWY.png

Last edited:
Most impressive.
Quick question. Why does this MM mask look like it originated from a Haley Joel Osment mask (with a tinge of Schwarzenegger) instead of a Shatner?
EBFFC7BD-99EB-48E5-A878-4E942137A7E0.jpeg
EDDA26D1-EAB0-4F13-90C2-85BA7D54BB77.jpeg

View attachment 1459655

Sears Tradewear? Tex Green? Man, I must have been out of it longer than I thought. I was gonna post my coveralls too but they're Big Macs and are now redundant.

So it goes, I guess! :lol:

Sears Tradewear? Tex Green? Man, I must have been out of it longer than I thought. I was gonna post my coveralls too but they're Big Macs and are now redundant.

So it goes, I guess! :lol:
Yeah, the original brand and model were discovered a few years ago, when a Myers.net member went combing through old '70s Sears catalogs.

The knife was also found to be a WR Case 102-12, which was confirmed when a guy popped up on the forum claiming to have been the prop master on the first film, and posted pictures of the original knife and Judith tombstone. I think all of the knives, coveralls, and boots in the series have thus far been identified apart from the elusive mystery Victorinox knife aka the "Elrod" knife from Halloween 2. The H5 boots have also been possibly identified recently.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back