MIB3 Men In Black 3 (Post-release)

Just back now from the 1.40pm show. Just me and another someone in the cinema. Great !

Overall, I liked the movie, I'd say about a 7 or 8 out of 10 and I will buy the DVD :)

BUT ...... I swear, except for the prison scene, my legs were about to walk out on their own from the start, till the first 5-10 minutes or so passed. It started off horribly IMO ! It stank of slow, cheesy, corny, slap-stick, repetative and yukky all over. I was dreading all of it was going to be like that. O's 'speech' almost nailed it for me labelling it badly.

Then it suddenly just went from terrible, to super-mega-cool (round about where 'history is changed' in a flash/wave), and didn't slow down one bit :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Nobody else got that feeling in the first few minutes ?

Last edited:
BUT ...... I swear, except for the prison scene, my legs were about to walk out on their own from the start, till the first 5-10 minutes or so passed. It started off horribly IMO ! It stank of slow, cheesy, corny, slap-stick, repetative and yukky all over. I was dreading all of it was going to be like that. O's 'speech' almost nailed it for me labelling it badly.

Then it suddenly just went from terrible, to super-mega-cool (round about where 'history is changed' in a flash/wave), and didn't slow down one bit :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Nobody else got that feeling in the first few minutes ?

I cringed at that speech scene myself. So glad the film got better.

Reading this thread made me remember a scene that was in the first trailer that wasn't in the finished film, probably showing more of the day to day stuff. It was the scene where K and J talk to the alien that looks like wall graffiti and sounded like John Leguizamo. My guess is that it was just ultimately a throw away scene? Gotta love when films do that.

Reading this thread made me remember a scene that was in the first trailer that wasn't in the finished film, probably showing more of the day to day stuff. It was the scene where K and J talk to the alien that looks like wall graffiti and sounded like John Leguizamo. My guess is that it was just ultimately a throw away scene? Gotta love when films do that.
Nice recollection, I totally forgot about that scene. Guess there was more to that scene than what was shown in the trailer but ended up being deleted.

I just got back from seeing it tonight with my son. I must have seen a different movie than you guys. I thought it was very weak and lacked any feeling or magic of the first. It seemed like they were there to hit their marks and say their lines then rush home for dinner. It was unfunny, dry and cliched. Josh pulled off the K impersonation fine, but what he had to work with script wise was blah. I was in a packed theater and only heard maybe two chuckles from the audience -- I swear I heard crickets when it was over. I really wanted to like it but man that was bad.

I could go into more details but I don't know how to hide the spoilers.

Doug

I really liked it. This is a good sequel and wasn't rushed into it. Most movie franchises just plug one movie after the other, this one was different and done right.

Sure they cannot please everyone but they did a really good job with this movie.

Saw it for $6 earlier in the week, and thought it was a great sequel to MIB, though I agree with Jeyl about O and K.

Almost as good as the first film to me, and way better than MIIB, which I have only seen once and have no desire to see again.

I just got back from seeing it tonight with my son. I must have seen a different movie than you guys. I thought it was very weak and lacked any feeling or magic of the first. It seemed like they were there to hit their marks and say their lines then rush home for dinner. It was unfunny, dry and cliched. Josh pulled off the K impersonation fine, but what he had to work with script wise was blah. I was in a packed theater and only heard maybe two chuckles from the audience -- I swear I heard crickets when it was over. I really wanted to like it but man that was bad.

I could go into more details but I don't know how to hide the spoilers.

Doug

I dozed off twice. When I fall asleep during a movie that is usually telling me something.:lol

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back