Interest Metal Jedi Knight Holodisc - Dark Forces II - Stainless Steel - Functioning prop

To be honest - I don't believe this run will happen in the near future and therefore kindly asking for refunding the deposit.
Thanks

Here's the previous prototype I made for fitting. Designing the post so it locks on to the metal disc and fits in a socket of the housing so it can spin the way I like. Dimensions and details aren't correct, just working on the function:

Attachments

• IMG_20190703_120626.jpg
    IMG_20190703_120626.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 204
Happy to get around to picking this project back up. Today's prototype with functioning spinning disc and correct sizing.

Video of disc spinning:

Next steps:
Print with side details/guide arc.
Print in higher resolution
Make mold
Cast copies

An update on this project would be greatly appreciated. It's been nearly a year now since the first post, is the run even still occurring?

... nearly two years.

Which would be totally fine, if there had been a "Sorry guys, right now I do not have the time/ I'm lacking the proper motivation." or something like that.
But money has been taken which lead to a certain expectation at my end. The last update looked more like lip service to me.
This is why I left.

I traded with zenix several times before and it always has been flawless. Because of that, the decision to leave wasn't easy and I do not understand what is happing here.

Last edited:
Most of this delay has been timing with other serious projects, motivation on this one, and having a new baby. I've been extremely busy, and didn't see it as a big issue with taking money since it was only ten bucks and not a full prepayment. I do plan on finishing, and I do want one of these so I know I'll finish. Baby came in September and that changed all projects where I have to go to the shop and be hands-on

I opened this project back up and will make progress this week. I moved my printer back home from my shop so I can work from home and take care of baby at the same time. Having it here will let me iterate quickly and get the design finished. Tonight I'm printing the pins that hold onto the disc from both sides, and squeeze in between the two main triangles of the prop.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back