MEN IN BLACK TRI-BARREL - DONE WITH PICS!!!!!

I have to say that was a very well done piece. Beautiful work. You should be very proud. When I did these guns back in the day, I didn't have a whole lot of time to do them. I have quite a few to do in a very short time frame. I do remember that I had only two weeks to get the neuralyzer built and figured out. I had 6 guys helping me on them. I'd create the master patterns and they made molds and sanded parts. There were a lot of sections that needed to be blended so bondo was a huge help. After all the patterns where made, we made mold in a flexible urethane and sprayed metal into these molds. The real finish is Zinc. There were a few pieces that were plated and lots of parts which I made from scratch or bought to achieve the look from an illustration they gave me. I only got a few drawings on this piece. This was a fun job in an early part of my career. I do look back on these with love and hate. lol. There have been a few props that kicked my ass in my 40 years of making props. The neuralyzer is one of them. 10 pounds a **** in a 1 pound bag.
I don't get to see much on the rpf lately. There is a lot of talent here. All the best guys, and keep up the very fine work.

Thank you for all the compliments. It was alot of work but well worth the effort......

masterjedi322 im not sure people would understand the price that would come with them. As an example It takes a week to make the Pulsar shells between laying the many glass layers and epoxying the halves together. Cleaning them up, cutting the slots in the side. Then a couple days just to cast and make the grip slide assembly. Everything has doodads that take time. Then the machining for all the parts. I bought a milling maching just so i could start making the top rail for the pulsar and make all the small parts since getting someone to make the parts is expensive too. , its what has been holding up me finishing all these MIB guns. I have 3 pulsars cast up from the molds i made from my original Pulsar and i have my original Tribarrel i still need to clean up and cast. I am also going to be making a handful of Deatomizers from the molds i made of Rustys 3d shells, If i do the tribarrel it will be all aluminum barrels so it is not going to be cheap to make. Im not sure kits are feasible other then completing them minus the shiny finish. I wouldnt want to leave the fiberglass work for anyone else. The stuff is nasty and without precautions it can mess your lungs up. Also for reference there is over $1200 just in chrome plating on this tribarrel. I dont see a cheap way to make these and make them right. I am hoping to find a better (cheaper ) way to finish them. Like Rick said the original ones were done with a metal deposition maching and im sure its not cheap and using Zinc means it doesn't stay shiny for long. I also got a line on a MIB2 double barrel pistol that will make its way into a vat of silicone ...lol So yes ill be making some of all of them, no there will not be an interest thread. I will fund them and they will just show up ready to sell, unfortunatly they will be pricey just due to materials and the time involved. I think its why noone has ever reproduced them . It would be a niche market. It took Factory Ent years to sell their Standard issues and they didnt make that many of them..

Last edited:
I had talked with Skylu briefly about doing one that was a solid/static version more or less that was 3-4 pieces. But even then, the cost of modeling/altering the components and printing it out and then molding it makes the price tag formidable. It is unfortunate seeing as how there aren't any of these out there. I'm still constantly on the lookout for photos of the original and the ICONS version. :eek:

Couple new pics while I put together a video of how the gun was made!

C38C42D7-510C-461F-89F6-76C61D852637.jpeg

700A75BA-03E9-4944-847F-CD985341E1A9.jpeg

Awesome video brother. So glad it got to you in 1 piece !!! o_O

Thank you to all for the kind words on the build. It was definitely an experience. I hope to get my original casts up to par to be able to offer up a hand full of them. Just waiting for funds to get my mill up and running and to fund the costs of repairing, molding and casting it. Same goes for the Pulsar, Deatomizer , double barrel pistol and the cricket rifle. Its just taking extra time being unemployed ATM.....lol

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back