Men in Black 3- 2012 Standard Issue (CANCELED)

Re: Men in Black 3 - 2012 Standard Issue

I'm sure that all of you have purchased or looked at replicas over the years. As you know, manufacturing is EXTREMELY expensive. The price for this item is as low as we can make it for the manufacturing process required produce these. Unfortunately, the time frame is out of our control.

I'm sure you've heard this from many replica manufacturers if they've had any presence on the boards. It's a balancing act. Truthfully, we'd love to produce these ourselves here in the US but there is no way to make them affordable for everyone. We would have complete control over them being "perfect" though. The truth is that the screen used props were never perfect. Each one has certain "flaws" that make them individually recognizable.

Our goal is to make them as accurate to the screen used props as possible.

Shipping Date:
I can't promise anything but we may be able to get these out sooner. The problem is dealing with China and manufacturing schedules. There's almost no way to put pressure on these guys to speed things up without sacrificing something. In the end, we will need to receive these and verify quality prior to shipping to you. I know other companies are behind on shipping but after dealing with overseas manufacturing for the past 9 months, I can see why.

I'm always in the camp of gladly waiting longer for a product than to sacrifice quality. I'm going to place my order later tonight, so I'm hoping (and I'm sure) you guys will deliver a pitch-perfect product.

Also, if a payment plan is set up in the near future, will we be able to take part in that if we place an order now?

Yes. We will send out emails directly to those who have placed pre-orders through the site with two options for final payment. Layaway and full payment.

It's currently still down. :facepalm

We hope to have it up before the end of the day.

My thoughts on this:

Don't push them out sooner if the quality will suffer. In the past year or two we've had both high- and low-dollar prop replicas offered that have come out with serious defects, causing a whole mess of trouble. (Which could possibly been avoided by more stringent control of the manufacturing plants...) We don't need to go through that again.

This may sound a bit demanding, but at $599 with a non-refundable deposit, these things need to be near flawless and be virtually non-discernible from the current photos ("may change" disclaimer or not). Especially considering that any defects on a clean, chromed replica like this will stand out even more.

Take your time and ship them when they're perfect. If they need to be delayed beyond November, be open and forthcoming with why and keep people in the loop as to what is happening.

That pretty much says it all nicely.

As a manufacture of aerospace products, I do know what you mean about it been a balancing act, it is a fine line between quality and the cost to produce a finished product at an affordable price.

Starting off with the design and then to manufacture a prototype then tooling up, machine setup costs at any stage along that path can be issues and big one’s, the customer don’t care about tooling issues manufacturing issues, he or she is more concerned about $$$, I’m not just talking pacifically about props I’m talking in general.

But Joatrash is very much right, and I quote:

Take your time and ship them when they're perfect. If they need to be delayed beyond November, be open and forthcoming with why and keep people in the loop as to what is happening.

Very nice work guys, looking forward in seeing the rest of your work on the forum, excellent to see another prop manufacture on the forum.

Last edited:

I agree. You're offering a lot of great props here, and that adds up to a lot of dough. It's definitely less of a hit to our wallets if we pay a hundred or two every month rather than $500 at one time. I know for me, it always "feels" like I'm paying less for something if I can pay it off over time.

I can't say enough how much I agree with this statement.

Also, please keep us posted on how many reserve spots are open. Id hate for these to sell out before I can put the deposit down.

Further information on the Time Jump Device:
I'm sure it will be metal as well. There are a few items that had CGI elements that made them "complete". The Time Jump Device is one of them. The date that looks like metal in the movie is CGI. We will be producing these replicas as they were made for the film to keep true to "replica".
Could you please let me know what the price would be on this. I'd also be down with a layaway plan also

Could you please let me know what the price would be on this. I'd also be down with a layaway plan also

We don't have pricing on any of the other replicas yet, but as soon as we know- so will you guys.

We are currently working on a layaway option.

THIS IS AN IMPORTANT UPDATE

Pre-ordering will be open until July 8th or we sell out.

After that, the only other way to guarantee the purchase will be on the floor at Comic-Con in San Diego!

Pre-orders before July 8th (via the Studio Art and Technology website only) will be shipped with a complimentary SAT t-shirt! Design TBD (of course). :)

If you pre-ordered via Efx before TODAY (May 31) you will also recieve a t-shirt.

The Studio Art & Technology site will be operational and open for purchases tomorrow. We're not certain of the remaining quantity. I will update everyone tomorrow.

Last edited:

Exciting. I am so freaking close to getting this. It really is a beautiful piece. ARRGHHH.

I jumped on the pre-order through efx in order not to miss out. But, now if I understand correctly by being one of the first to do it, I won't get the SAT T-shirt, since it is only available for the pre-oders through your site?
If this is the case, that doesn't sound really fair and it would give frustration from the very beginning.
Can you please clarify this.
Thanks a lot.

I jumped on the pre-order through efx in order not to miss out. But, now if I understand correctly by being one of the first to do it, I won't get the SAT T-shirt, since it is only available for the pre-oders through your site?
If this is the case, that doesn't sound really fair and it would give frustration from the very beginning.
Can you please clarify this.
Thanks a lot.

Anyone that pre-ordered from Efx UP UNTIL THIS POINT will also get a t-shirt.

When do you estimate to have the rest of the items you plan to produce on sale ?

We don't currently have a schedule for release of the other products. We are working on that. It takes months to great production samples and we don't pull the trigger on all products at the same time.

We don't currently have a schedule for release of the other products. We are working on that. It takes months to great production samples and we don't pull the trigger on all products at the same time.

:thumbsup

Do you have a mailing list / newsletter I can sign up to, or will you just be making announcements in this thread ?

Just want to throw out a thank you to Studio Art Technology for taking part in the forums. I will endeavor to do my part and ensure this is NOT a place to be feared for officials.

Waits for the MIB3 Shotgun!

THIS IS AN IMPORTANT UPDATE

Pre-ordering will be open until July 8th or we sell out.

After that, the only other way to guarantee the purchase will be on the floor at Comic-Con in San Diego!

Pre-orders before July 8th (via the Studio Art and Technology website only) will be shipped with a complimentary SAT t-shirt! Design TBD (of course). :)

If you pre-ordered via Efx before TODAY (May 31) you will also recieve a t-shirt.

The Studio Art & Technology site will be operational and open for purchases tomorrow. We're not certain of the remaining quantity. I will update everyone tomorrow.

Could you clarify this? What happens if you still have 700 of these after July 8th? Or 550 after Comic Con? Can you still pre-order up to its release this winter?

Just confused as I've never heard of any prop or collectibles company closing pre-orders when there are still product left over. How do you propose moving them if you don't allow pre-orders after July 8th? Are we forced to just buy them at release then?

599.99 each for a mid-tier license at a limitation of 1000. From over 12 years collecting I would think it is a virtual impossibiity these will sell out by July 8th no matter the quality which is fabulous by the way.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back