Megaman Zero [Zero Series] Build- WIP [Help requested!]

Akunei

Hello everyone!
The name is Akunei and I am fairly new to the RPF community.

Edit: 2018: I am back to working on this project and hopefully I can finally be able to show you the complete build. Sadly I had sold my initial pepakura build since Bondo was not for me. Thread has been updated with a new post and the initial post was changed. Thread will be modified in the future regards to progress.

Last edited:
Going to be starting the hardening project this week!

Going to use one part Titbond Woodglue II and a few parts water in a jar and layer it on the parts with a brush over and over again until the parts art rock hard.

Wish me luck!

Hello everyone!
The name is Akunei and I am fairly new to the RPF community.

Recently I decided to cosplay one of my FAVORITE video game characters ever [Megaman Zero] but I was sad to see that there were nearly no Megaman Zero pep files out there other than his form from Marvel vs Capcom 3. Since I didn't want to cosplay that version of Zero [yet!], I decided to go hunting for some Megaman models, and lo and behold, I found this sweet Zero file.

View attachment 498171
Credits to KurooniXX/DareDevil

However, because the model was not made for Pepakura [it's specifically made for that Miku Miku Dance program that used to be really popular back in the day], I had to haphazardly edit the model so it would be useable.

Since this was NOT MY MODEL initially, I am sad to say that I will not distribute it. It would be an insult to the owner of this beautiful model and the last thing I want to do is to anger/offend her. [There was major drama in the past regarding the distribution of her models and as to her wishes, I will not distribute it.]

So far here is what I was able to get done!
Legs, feet, anklets, arm gauntlets, wristlets and chest piece were successfully edited for Pepakura. [Pictures below]
View attachment 498172
Arms and wristlets hardened with Titbond II WoodGlue. Left arm has be coated with one layer of putty and then one partial layer of Bondo [Not completed].
View attachment 498173
Shoes/Feet and anklets, unhardened.
View attachment 498183
Shoes on their own. [I left the back portion open so I can see if the shoes fit]
View attachment 498189
Complete construction of leg, anklet and shoe
View attachment 498192
Test run of all of the parts; shoes, anklets, armlets, arms, legs, wristlets and chest.

Currently working on the helmet, however I am having a LOT of trouble modifying it [merging vertices, edges and deleting faces].
View attachment 498194View attachment 498209
As you can see, the helmet looks like its one piece, however the parts are separate and overlap like crazy.
I have tried multiple times to fix it as best as I can, however either faces invert, or parts refuse to connect. Is there anyone with modeling experience out there willing to give this a shot? I would greatly appreciate it. {My modeling experience equates to a potato. I just know how to delete faces, merge vertices and edges somewhat. Other than that, I am clueless].

Thread will be updated with more photos of my progress soon!
Thanks for reading!
~Akunei

Do you need the helmet merged as a single file for unfolding?

Do you need the helmet merged as a single file for unfolding?
I believe so.

I have tried combining the parts to be one large object, but doing so only makes it part of the same object {I am not sure if I am making sense.} The parts and faces are still there and when I have unfolded the model in the past, the parts aren't connected by edges/vertices.

I believe so.

I have tried combining the parts to be one large object, but doing so only makes it part of the same object {I am not sure if I am making sense.} The parts and faces are still there and when I have unfolded the model in the past, the parts aren't connected by edges/vertices.

I got what your saying, just shoot it my way and I'll have it fixed as soon as I get home. Do you want it back as is or in Pep format?

I got what your saying, just shoot it my way and I'll have it fixed as soon as I get home. Do you want it back as is or in Pep format?
Will do! Thank you again!

If it's not too much problem, pep file would be great. [If you have time!]
But if its sent back as an .obj, still awesome! As long as its fixed and I am able to unfold it to finish this costume. <3

Currently working on fixing up this Megaman Zero Blaster model that I found on xDraw's patron.
dbddd951db788a3acb90a10c1b47376e.jpg

And I also have this Megaman Zero blaster by underscythe on DA.
zero_buster_shot_by_underscythe.jpg

I just wonder why modeller's feel the need to make things as separate objects rather than as one with multiple extra faces.
I have a very very long road ahead of me, unless I decide to give up and decide to just use foam board instead of building it with Pepakura. I feel like that might be the best idea at this point.

So update on my progress!

[video]https://www.facebook.com/350411761827046/videos/vb.350411761827046/386080418260180/?type=2&amp;theater[/video]

Zero's side pieces kept falling off so I need someway to attach them to my thighs comfortably but otherwise, everything is complete!
Just need to harden everything with Woodglue!

Stay tuned!

Wow, I haven't posted here in forever!

But I have begun to work on Zero's Buster Shot [Z Shot?] and started to clean up the edges with paper clay! So far it seems great as a sealant however I am going to have to sand any bumps down that I come across and then add more clay if needed.
11694102_884183518338906_4930269569063862572_n.jpg

Thinking about adding a small touch light in the nozzle in blue/green to imitate the color of his shots.
Not sure how to do that though.

I am also planning to make his Z Saber out of green clear styrene or green acrylic plastic sheets [I forgot what they are called right now].

Sadly, I have to terminate this project for working with Bondo was not the choice for me.

I currently have this cosplay (incomplete, just needs sanding and priming and painting) up for sale.

If anyone could help me figure out how to get the files to be use able with Eva foam, I will greatly appreciate it.

Hello everyone,

Its me again!
So I decided that I am going to revamp this project and start completely fresh! I am trying to find all of the necessary PEP files once again, however remembering the issues that I had before (Bondo was not the right method for me since I do not have space to work with large shading projects) I really believe that foam would be the way to go.

However, I have never worked with EVA foam (other than for very small commissions that did not need angles) so I am pretty nervous. Does anyone have any idea what MM foam to start with? I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks =]

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back