Megacon 2015

spgfx

Megacon 2015 is coming soon. April 10 thru the 12th. Might be to soon for those of us getting our builds ready.

I know there are a few warm weather hunters who plan to attend.

I'm got a nice hotel room walking distance from the convention center and tickets purchased. My build is coming a long and I plan on having it ready in time. I'm also working on some Anime cospay stuff for my daughter and friends who will also be attending.

I have to say I'm really nervous about my build debut. Wearing it is WAY out of my comfort zone.I kinda wish I could just build it and have someone else wear it.

Any other hunters have tickers yet ? I'm might need some moral support on the final day.

I have to say im a bit surprised no one has replied to this... I was hoping to be a part of the next Pred. Apocalipse

2015-02-23 21.08.00.jpg

Boosting this so we can come up with a meet. Unfortunately I'm only wearing my Predator Saturday afternoon (Got a Doctor Who costume for my photo op at 12). You guys up for a meet around 3 on Saturday? I'll post here Friday evening with a suggestion for a meet up location. Hope to see some of you there!!

There is a custome contest that ends around 3. Might want to make the meet up before or after. There is no pre- registration but I'm thinking about entering. You must register in person on Friday.

Is there a Predatorium secret hand shake or battle cry so we can tell friend from foe ? I'm looking to add a Pred skull to my trophy belt but would not want to take down a fellow LAIR member.

We could move the meet to later. I won't be my pred until after a photo op at 12:05. We can push it to 4, that way anyone who wants to do the contest can. Any suggestions on where to meet? I'm not hugely familiar with OCCC so I'm not sure which areas are going to be completely crowded tomorrow. I had thought maybe by the panels, but they're right by the main entrance. If no one has a suggestion, I'm gonna say as you are looking at the main entrance, the right hand hall (where the speed dating was held), past all the rooms and food, near the escalators, was a nice large area that could possibly be clear-ish tomorrow. I will try to keep checking this site tonight and tomorrow in case someone has a better meet up. I was trying to find a map so I could just circle the area, but no luck. Hope to see you all there at 4!!!!!

Hey i am soo sorry BUT I did not make it

I was suited up since 10am and lasted till about 3pm almost passed out i couldn't keep going

Mybad it suks

Did not make it to the meet up either JUST COULD NOT GET THERE !

Megacon was a HUGH BLAST. But a Predator could not move a foot without getting stopped for pics. I teamed up you Maniak for most of the con. It must have taken 2 hours to get from the side entrance to the main entrance . We just could not move with all the people around us taking pics. We had security request we move to the side to control the crowd. We missed all the Con events. Basically in 4 hours we were able to move from the side entrance to the main entrance of the Con. Even with our masks off trying to take a bit of a breather Maniak and I could not stop the people wanting pics. It was taking a tole on us Maniak and I decided to see if we could push our way into the actual Con , which we paid to go to. We did actually make it thru the line and thru the main doors. I was posing for pics with Maniak inside and I basically turned around and pushed forward a bit and he was gone. My hunting partner was swamped in a crowd of people. He is a bit dude but he was gone and I could not t back with all the people resisting pics and pulling my this way and that. That was the last I saw of him !!!! I got a text that he had gotten really hot and headed back to hotel to change and come back.

My suit was a lot lighter and just painted morph suit. No latex. I felt fine so my family and I pushed on. I could not see very well or hear so the actual Con did not offer my for me. We knew it would take some time to work our way back. It was crazy. I had to start ignoring people requesting picks. If I stopped I got surrounded. I do have to say that EVERYONE was very polite, respecful and thankfull.

So were almost out I can see the exit then suddenly ..... To be continued when my battery charges.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back